• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Photoshop Batch Loses Star Ratings

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I perform an action through Tools/Photoshop/Batch/(action), the new saved file loses its star ratings. If I perform an action by just opening a file in Photoshop and saving it, the star ratings remain. What's going on with Batch, and how do I fix it?

I've been using Batch to do various Photoshop actions for years and it's always kept the ratings. Then I updated to 2020. Now ratings disappear.

OSX Mojave (10.14.1)

Photoshop/Bridge 2020

TOPICS
Batch , How to , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

I just tried using image processor instead, and it keeps the ratings.  Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor  I did have to turn off the "save, close" steps of my action.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What action are you performing and what type of files are you saving as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. I perform various actions: photo filter/effect, save for web.

I'm usually saving as a full-res JPEG file or output for web (specific dimensions and low-res, JPEG, GIF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web strips metadata unless you set it correctly. There is a popup menu to choose what metadata, try some different settings there and see which one works. Probably All except camera data

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the metadata setting for Save for Web is (and has been) set for "All". The action works just fine if I open up a file in Photoshop and apply the action. This is ok if I only have one or two files. But what if I have dozens or hundreds? It doesn't work if I go through Bridge/Tools/Batch/Photoshop/(same action).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your action probably saved the wrong metadata settings for SFW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is image processor impacted as well?

Did you try the very last update to Photoshop? (20.0.1?) https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. My Photoshop version is 21.0.0.

I don't know what the image processor is. So I don't know if it's impacted. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  I'm running an action I made, which worked yesterday before I updated.  It's just unsharp mask, save, close.  It happens with a purchased action, as well.  

If I use the batch process function on a single image, the rating stays.  If I use it on more, they disappear.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried using image processor instead, and it keeps the ratings.  Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor  I did have to turn off the "save, close" steps of my action.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, kelphoto! This solved my problem. (Well, it didn't solve the Batch losing the star ratings. But Image Processor essentially does the same thing, but saves the star ratings. THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hopefully they'll still fix the batch processing error.  I still keep clicking on it, then exiting and going to image processor.  😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines