• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge rating capability?!

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I unable to cull through images and rate them since updating bridge??

It wont let me use either command and 5 (or whatever number) and it wont let me just use the number, NOthing changes., I have uninstalled and reinstalled older versions with no help. 

I have also cleared cache multiple times! 

I am trying to cull through raw images on an SD card. I have never had issues til this update! 

HELP! I have so many clients waiting on images!!! 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can apply ratings to images from the back of your camera if there is no other way.  Of course you won't get a good look at them using the small screens on camera backs.  I pertsonally don't allow Bridge anywhere near my cards if I can help it, but each to their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rachelm77629232 What is your OS?

BTW, It is generally not a good practice to do work while the images are on the card. You will find operations much smoother if you move the images onto your computer or an attached hard drive. Lastly, the location of where your camera places data can be different than where Bridge or LRC places data. So, while some may recommend doing ratings on the camera, those ratings may not be visible to any other application. Think of it this way: you may place your socks in the top drawer of your dresser but someone else may place them in the 2nd drawer. You may not have the ability to look in the 2nd drawer because you are hard-wired to only look in the top drawer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same pb ... unable to rate with slideshow (files CR2 or JPG)

Bridge v13.0.0.562 with MAC OS Monterey 12.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Can rate and label files that are on main or external HD but rating on SD card does not longer work. I also use this to make a fast decision while in a shoot.

Now I first have to copy all the files to enable rating...only to remove them again afterwards. Not very productive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is to use Photo Mechanic.  Rate your images either on your camera, and ingest only those rated whatever you choose, or rate them on your card (if you dare), and then import them using ingest.  PM is both faster and more reliable than Bridge in my opinion.  They also don't screw around with it and make you subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed an older version of bridge, that does work as before. So I stay a bit longer on the older version untill this problem is fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines