• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge ratings not working in newest update (stars or colored labels)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ratings in Bridge is a huge part of my workflow. Ratings are simply not working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've changed the ratings preferences in the settings, and I've also tried clicking on the stars in the essentials workspace. Nothing works. 

TOPICS
Bug , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing Bridge's Preferences?

You need to rebuild Bridge’s Preferences. Here’s how:  When launching Bridge, Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.

If that doesn't work, try clearning the cache for that folder.

2021-02-13_09-24-02.png

Let us know if either of these work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither one works. I'll better explain my workflow. 

I have edited all the photos in a folder, and ran Image Processor to save them all as JPEGs. 

The labels and ratings works in the original folder where no pictures are edited. 

They do not work in the new folder of JPEGs. I also tried creating a new folder with these edited images thinking maybe it was part of the "Image Processor" process. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, where is the folder that's not working located?

Also, what OS are you on (and what release)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder is located on an NAS we always work from.

11.2 Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that Security prefs allow you to access those folders. be aware that working off a NAS is not well-supported and doesn't always work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Security preferences are all fine and as they should be. It's been fine until the new updates to both Adobe and Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know that working with an NAS drive with Bridge doesn't have the best reputation (but I've never worked with an NAS drive so I can only go on what I've heard).

So, some more questions: When you do the work on the original images (befor converting them to JPGs) were the files on the NAS drive?

When I do that conversion, the JPG folder is typically placed inside the original folder, is that where your's is landing?

What does the Sharing and Permissions show in the bottom of the Get Info panel when you click on the JPG folder and on the original folder when you click Command-i?

(This is what I'm talking about.)

2021-02-13_17-40-51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the original files were located on the NAS.

I tried landing it in a different folder, and also within the original folder. neither worked.

Show's Read and Write for me on both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines