Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge renaming/metadata getting very slow

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Bridge on a daily basis to batch rename and embed metadata to video and image files. I've been doing this at my current job for four years. I have noticed over the past several weeks that the image files seem to have become incredibly slow to update, both when being renamed and when embedding metadata. I updated by version of Bridge to the most recent and this has not changed. Is anyone else experiencing this and/or have a solution? (I do regularly clear my cache, usually at least 1-4 times a day)

TOPICS
Batch , Metadata , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @The Real Lord Magoo,

Thanks you for your feedback. Sorry to hear about the issue. 

Could you please share the following details about the issue:

1. Bridge version
  2. System configuration 
  3. Is the issue specific to particular files/format?

Please share the sample files on which you are observing this issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Batch renaming takes a very long time, If i force quit it seems to still change the file names but if i wait until the end, each batch rename takes 2-3 min.  Ia am running a Mac book pro, 64 gig a, monteray 12.6.3, M1 Max - bridge 13.0.2.636  if you can let me know please 

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Livingdead,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you share the following details about the issue:

1. Batch Rename Preset or settings which you are using for Batch rename.

2. Location of the files either it is on local drive or network/external drive.

3. Numbers of files on which you are performing Batch Rename.
4. Is the issue reproducible for few files (two/three) also with same settings?
5. Please share the sample video of the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been the same problem with renaming photos in Bridge for months. It used to be almost instanteous. It just took 2-3 minutes to rename 2 photos. It's almost off the table as it dominates the screen, making it difficult to do any other task. I have a Mac Book Pro 14-inch, 2021 running Monterrey 12.0.1. My Bridge is kept updated is currently running 13.0.3.693. I am renaming JPG photos developed in Photoshop. I have tried renaming files after just opening Bridge, and at other items. It doesn't matter; it is ridiculously slow. I am not going to send a "video of the problem." It has been well described in this discussion feed, and I see not solutions from Adobe, only requests for more information to delay any sort of solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @victoria275131809k0f ,

There are some enhancements done in this area. Can you please try the latest Beta and check if you are seeing some improvements in this build?

For details, see https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-13-0-4/td-p/138...

Could you please confirm if that resolves the issue for you? 

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta update totally fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too. Ridiculously, abnormally, slow. Minutes to rename a handful of RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, always something with Adobe Bridge. Batch renaming gets stuck at 11% (only 10 jpg images!) So i'm going back again to version 12.
(iMac20,2/10-Core Intel Core i9/3,6 GHz/128 GB (sys: 13.4.1 (22F82))).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, sorry for late response ... the beta version worked great for batch renaming super fast compared to previous version. thumbs up 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines