• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge says Photoshop application has moved and sometimes opens a second instance of Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I'm using Photoshop and Bridge CS6 and both have begun behaving strangely lately.

Bridge occasionally complains that the Photoshop application has moved when I try to open file. There is an option to correct or update the path which fixes it for a while (incidentally I haven't moved the application).

Another thing is that sometimes Bridge will open a new instance of Photoshop when that is already running. When I check where the two Photoshop applications are located, they both point to the same app in my user folder/Applications.

The third thing I've noticed is that there are two Photoshop entries in the Open with menu in Bridge. One is marked as (default), the other one not.

There are actually two versions of Photoshop on my computer because I keep a clone of the drive which is SuperDuper'd every evening. But this has never caused these problems before.

Thanks in advance for your help

Philip

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac will not open a second instance of the same application file. I would quit backing up your applications folder, there is really no point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply, and my apologies for the delayed response.

I'm afraid I must disagree on the second instance thing though. The computer does open a second instance of the Photoshop by which I mean that the dock contains two application icons both of which point to the same app in the same folder. It is very strange.

I have used SuperDuper to clone my drives like this for a very long time and have never had this happen to me so I doubt that is causing the issue. And even if it were the reason, it shouldn't cause two instances of the same Photoshop app which is located on the boot volume.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on this.

Philip

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines