Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge screwing up batch renaming and thumbnail preview

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really frustrated at this stage.

I've a small folder with renders that I open in bridge, re-arrange the order manually, select all,

batch rename with Text prefix + Sequential number - Three digits.

Bridge is constantly re-organising the order from my selection (wrongly) and even screwing up and changing thumbnail previews from what they actually are. I've updated Bridge, reset preferences and purged cache on multiple occasions. I've tried turning sofware rendering on and off.

Nothing works. Really annoyed over this simple operation screwing up all the time!

Any advice before I go looking for alternative software?

Thanks.

MSI Intel core I7

32GB Ram

Nvidia GTX 1070

TOPICS
Batch , Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What vertsion of Bridge and operating system? When you rename, are you then sorting by name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Bridge Version: 9.1.0.338

Windows 10

Yup, after rename, I sort by filename.

But the real problem is the thumbnail previews. I can select a thumbnail in Bridge, reveal in explorer, and the image is different!?

I'm working from OneDrive here (Synced to my HD). I can't think that that's the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use cloud storage properly with Bridge. That's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that solved the problem. I suppose while trying to rename and everything, the backup was screwing things up.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the problem was solved but it wasn't and I think I've discovered a bug. This is happening too with the latest version of bridge 2020.

It seems if you do a batch rename (after reordering thumbnails) using name prefix the sequential numbering, the problem occurs if the name prefix is identical to the current name.

Order and thumbnail preview is screwed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge stores custom sorts in a flat text file. Thinking about it, I'm not surprised that you have issues. Its probably a conflict between new names and the custom ordering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Isn't this a basic function of Bridge? To organise and re-arrange images?

I'm working on a storyline of renders and i'm adding rendered scenes to the flow. 

I'm rearranging the storyline and want the new order renamed so other programs can access them in the new order? What's the point in Bridge if it can't do this? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, this doesn't explain why thumbnails are incorrectly displayed and duplicated even though they don't match the actual image?

BTW, this is actually happening if you change the pre-fix name to something else too.

Apologies for my rant type post. I really appreciate your advice but i'm getting a little frustrated here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines