Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Search is not finding my photos by Keywords

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tag all my photos with keywords and usually use the Bridge Search function to find specific images  ("water", "portraits", etc).  But today, when I was trying to do a search, not all the photos that I know are tagged with a certain keyword were showing up, and some keywords even gave me no results. I may have deleted the cache trying to reset something? Please help!!!  Thank you.

TOPICS
Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021
Hi, thanks!
So, I need to open EVERY folder under the hard disk I use to store my
photos?

--
Maria-Gracia Inglessis
850-222-6070

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Hi minglessis,

Are you searching in the correct area with Bridge? Bridge can focus where you want to search and you might be too narrow. Try switching to Spotlight Search : Computer.

Bridge search.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge has issues with search sometimes. Open the folder and let the cache build and then try searching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks!
So, I need to open EVERY folder under the hard disk I use to store my
photos?

--
Maria-Gracia Inglessis
850-222-6070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi minglessis,

Are you searching in the correct area with Bridge? Bridge can focus where you want to search and you might be too narrow. Try switching to Spotlight Search : Computer.

Bridge search.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi G, but the Spotlight doesn't read keywords assigned in Bridge, does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does!!! thank you so much! it seems to be working this way. you saved my weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always searched Bridge: computer but it stopped working. I the past I had the same issue and had to spent hours rebuilding the cache, if I remember correctly, but your idea is a better solution! Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! but so it means I have to open EVERY folder in the hard drive I use to store thousands of photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I'm having this issue again. All of a sudden my search stopped finding my photos when I search for keywords and my search in the Spotlight is already set to "computer". Any new insights on how to fix this? help! 

I'm using Bridge 2021 because I've tried updating it and things don't work well in this iMAc 2013.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines