• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Shared Cache

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gang, first time on ANY forum.  i am a photographer working on creating a shared network search engine.  Bridge shared cache touts THAT SOLUTION.  i am having tons and tons of crashing and after multiple tickets into Adobe we still can't get it to behave at any level.  CRASHES ALL THE TIME.

Is there ANYONE that is having success using the shared cache?  would love to pick your brain.  

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Keywords , Metadata , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge doesn't work well across a network, you need a real DAM for that. The shared cache is a band-aid for when you have a small number of shared folders and want to cut down on cache building for everyone else accessing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thanks for the response.   it seems that Adobe promotes the shared cache as a viable search tool.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/centrally-manage-bridge-cache.html

working in a shared collaborative environment assumes a network invironment.  we don't sit on each other lap using the same machine. :]

it is disappointing they promote it and it does not work.    tons and tons of wasted time.  why not just announce that it is flawed.  Sort of false advertising.  

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 2.46.38 PM.png

Am i missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea .......

Marketing wrote it and now its we are all supposed to believe it.

Real world experience indicates its not true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen to that.   guess its time to cut my losses and move on.  i feel duped.  :[  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A shared cache will help but its no substitute for a real DAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah, i lobbied for that, but when you have idiots making decisions, you do the best you can.  oh well, turn the page.   what DAM do you recommend or have experience in?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines