• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Slow Process Picture from Internal Hard Drive, But Faster When Process Pictures from External

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have issues with my Macbook Air M1 since purchased it on February this year.
I have tonnes of images and i usually doing sorting and move the pictures to folders.

I do found out that when i do the works through internal harddrive of my Macbook Air M1, the performance is so bad. I need to wait long time (very long actually) for all the pictures shows in thumbnail, categorize by date etc. I harddly labelled and rating the pictures smoothly.

Compared to when i connect the Macbook Air M1 with external harddrive and i do all works through it (i processed the pictures from external hard drive), it perform much much better and faster. 

What make me confused is, the external hard drive is a 3.5 inch 7200 rpm SEAGATE hard drive which have lower read/write rate compared to internal Macbook Air M1 SSD hard drive.

When i check at Mac activity monitor apps, the CPU percentage of Adobe Bridge software is more that 200% when using internal harddrive, while when using external harddrive it is just around 60%.

Hope anyone that have more technical experience can help me solve my problems.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?