• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Smart Collections do not display all the items

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Collections in Bridge don't work. I have about 50,000 files in different folders/years, all files have been keyworded and haven't been moved, I have created different smart collections for the main keywords, but when I do the search it doesn't display all the items, a lot are missing.. An example: I have about 3,000 files with the keyword "textures" in different folders, but Bridge Smart Collections is showing only 979, the sourse is the main folder, the criteria selected are "keywords/equals/textures" - "if any criteria are met" checked - "include all subfolders". Only if I go to the subfolder where I know the missing images are and then back to the Smart Collection, they will show.

Instead,  I've tried the Smart Collections in Lightroom Classic and they work, shows all...

But I'd rather continue working with Bridge as I'am more used to this.

Can anyone help? What I'm doing wrong?  Anything I'm missing?

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Like Lumigraphics indicted

Create Smart Collection2020-09-09_18-56-53 Index Br.jpg

Include non indexed files, and all subfolders.

Find operation and let it index everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Smart Collection is just a search and Bridge has problems searching unindexed folders. You'll need to open folderas to let Bridge index them or do a Find operation and let it index everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lumigraphics for your reply. I know Smart Collection is just a search... but everytime I want to do a search, do I have to go to each folder in order to index everything? I have lots of folders and subfolders, for each year, since 2005...

What do you mean "do find operation and let it index everything"?.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Lumigraphics indicted

Create Smart Collection2020-09-09_18-56-53 Index Br.jpg

Include non indexed files, and all subfolders.

Find operation and let it index everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I know that option, the problem is that it's very slow and takes VERY long to index all files. Anyway, with a lot of patience, problem is solved.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A decent SSD drive maybe in your future,

JMTW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey mtz06 what was your solution? I can't for the life of me get Smart Collections to work in Bridge.

thanks

tky6716

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Collections are not working as soon as you have more than 2 criterias. I have around 38k files  Smart Collections or simple search is unable to return anything...

I guess it is supposed to be one of the biggest advantage of Bridge, dealing with large amount of files, filter,sort, search, etc... A bit surprising as it's probably not the hardest thing to code for Adobe..

Too bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Bridge is a powerful creative asset management tool that allows you to quickly and easily view, organize, edit, and publish multiple creative assets. Edit metadata. Add keywords, labels, and ratings to assets. Organize assets with collections and search for assets with powerful filters and advanced metadata search features. Collaborate with Libraries and publish to Adobe Stock from Bridge."

Indeed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the solutions provided. Bridge has a file cache and if that isn't built for the folders you are searching in, Find won't work. Smart Collections are just saved searches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the solution provided but it doesnt't work.

- "Include all subfolders" is checked

- "Include non-indexed files" is checked

After a few minutes I got incomplete results..

So i guess the file cache is "incomplete" which is why I have incomplete results..although "Include non-indexed files" is checked.

So how to make sure all the files I need to perform a Smart Collection or Search are cached?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Adobe help pages have a lot of great info. You can search them for more.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/bridge/using/adobe-bridge-cache.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines