• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge STILL not retaining custom workspace

Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't new, it's been going on for a while, but it's getting old version after version.  Still there in 9.1.0.338

I create a workspace configured the way I want it.  I give it a UNIQUE name.  I SAVE it.  I have the boxes checked to "Save Window Location as Part of Workspace" and "Save Sort Ordere as Part of Workspace". 

Yes, I can exit Bridge, come back in, and the Workspace is still there.  I can switch to a different workspace and exit, and come back and switch back to my workspace.  All fine.  UNTIL something happens and the system crashes or gets rebooted or something I'm not aware of, but once THAT happens, the workspace I create is still THERE, the name is there, but the workspace is back to the useless Bridge default.  And I have to create it all over again.

Is there something I'm not doing in the create or save that I need to do so the workspace DOESN'T at some random point go back to the default?  Or is this a bug that's been there for ages and hasn't been fixed?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 06, 2019 Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, Windows 10. Current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your prefences.

I have the same issue from time to time.

Also try creating several new versions of the same workspace with different names.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've done the reset several times over time.  Doesn't appear to make any difference. 

It doesn't appear to require a system crash, either.  Started Bridge this afternoon after recreatin the workspace last night, and it opened with at least one panel different tha it was when Bridge was shut down last night. 

I've not got 3 identical workspaces with different names. 

Again, not a big deal.  I was mostly curious if there was something I"m setting wrong, but from the old complaints I found, it sounds like an old bug that's still hanging around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines