Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge takes forever to generate previews from files accessed over network

Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only version that works well over network is v11.0.1.109, any version newer than that either hangs when generating previews or takes absurdly long. I have my settings set to "Embedded", "Always Generate", "Transparency" turned off. Running on Windows10 with all my files on a network drive. My workstation has 32GB ram with an AMD Threadripper. 

Yes, I try every new itteration with completely fresh everything (using SHFT+CTRL+ALT) and resetting and purging all settings/cache and it either crashes, freezes, or just takes 20min to generate a preview for a file that's 300KB. Going to have to stick with 11.01 still until issue is resolved. 

And just to clarify, most of the files I work with are Illustrator files that are lesss than 2MB, there's just a lot in a directory (usually 100-200).

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Please try updating Bridge to version 11.1 through the Creative Cloud app and see if it helps.

You may also enable "Use Software Rendering" from Bridge's preferences and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried that as I said before, only v11.01 works but thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines