• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge thumbnails keep resetting on Bridge v12, running on macOS 12

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding that Bridge keeps mysteriously resetting my thumbnail cache and requiring new thumbnail generation evey few days.  The settings don't automatically reset, just the thumbnails. I've tried doing a complete settings reset when launching Bridge as well as a full re-installing without keeping previous settings. 

I'm navigating and doing thumbnail generation across multiple drives, most commonly a NAS, and have a local 1Tb SSD acting as a cache. There doesn't seem to be any other issues, just that the thumbnails vanish. 

Is this a known problem or happening to anyone else?

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alex,

The problem is your NAS drive. Bridge was never designed for use on a NAS drive. Please try to limit your access to only the SSD and see if the problem goes away. If it does (and I think it will), that shows that you'll need to limit your Bridge work to only local drives. 

There are network solutions out there but unfortunately, they are often expensive. I have no suggestions either way for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines