Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge thumbnails super slow with new Macbook Pro M1 chip

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is sooooo. annoying!!

I bought a Macbook Pro M1 Max and Bridge is like a snail or doesn't work at all.

I spent 2-3 hours on the phone with Adobe tech support 3 days ago, trying all the fixes and the conclusion was I had to do a deep uninstall of all Adobe products from my machine, resulting in me loosing all of my presets, catalogue’s, settings etc.

Of course that was a no go.

He said there is no record of this being an issue for other customers.

Come on Adobe I see others in the community with the same issue, some from 6 months ago!

Get it sorted PLEASE!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

согласен полностью. Bridge на моем  macbook pro m1 max еле еле работает!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

annoying isn't it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean,

I do not work for Adobe. I like many others on these forums are just folks who try to help others. That said, the person you talked with is not helping anyone. Adobe DOES know about this issue, but the Bridge team is one of the smallest at Adobe and sadly, does not get much love. I can only assume they are working on developing an M1 compatible version but have not finished it yet. I, like everyone else, am waiting.

Meanwhile, here are some things that MAY help.

#1: set your Preferences: Be sure these top two options are unchecked:

2022-03-17_08-22-52.png

#2: On the top right corner of Bridge's screen, checking this option will ONLY use any built-in preview (the quality of the preview will not be great, but it will be faster)

2022-03-17_08-26-16.png

#3: In the same location but one over to the right, check out these options: The top one (Embedded (Fastest) is the same as #2, I'm using "Standard" because I'm still on an Intel processor. The 2nd arrow points to "On Demand…" This will give you poor-quality previews until you click on them and then will build a better preview. It gives you faster access to the image thumbnails, but when you click on any given image, there will be a pause before the preview fully develops.

2022-03-17_08-26-52.png

Also, note that a folder of <100 images will be easier to work with than a folder of >200. The more images in a folder, the longer it takes to build the previews.

Please let us know if any of these options help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Gary!

It worked once and then reverted back to its usual problems 😃...😡....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dean228096631tzk 

Thanks very much for letting me know. Currently I do not own an M1 (I recently ordered the Studio, and it will not be here until June), so I cannot do any testing on this.

Can you please let me know if that after the first use, did any of the things that I suggested changing changed back to the previous setting? Or, did they remain as they were (changed), just the crumy performance came back?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dean228096631tzk 

Oh, one other question: did you change all of the suggested changes or only several of them (and if so, which ones)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dean228096631tzk ,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Please try updating to ACR 14.3 release, that should fix the issue.

Let us know if you still face the same.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, in addition to the ACR version 14.3 and up that fixed some issues, I suggest to try the native Apple Silicon support on the latest Beta build: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/an-update-for-the-adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-availab...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines