• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge to open PS 2020

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I double click an icon in Bridge it still opens PS 2019. How do I get it to open in PS 2020?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Bridge is still opening files to Photoshop 2019 than the new 2020 version.

Could you please take a look at this similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/How-do-I-make-Bridge-open-Photoshop-2019/td-p/10179096 and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I try I cannot get bridge to open photoshop 2020 it keeps opening 2019 when I use Image Processor. If 2020 is already open it will use image process ok but its a pain to do it automatically from bridge because it keeps opening 2019 instead of 2020 any ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi grevp,

Sorry to hear of that problem. I would like to help but before I start, you mention that "No matter what I try..." 

Before I start to give you things to try, it would be helpful to know what you HAVE done already. 

Also, please let us know what your OS is (and what version),  and what versions of Bridge and Photoshop you are using.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your message

I have gone into preferences and selected the 2020 photoshop prog to open
all images in the format I use as I have always done but when I use image
processor it still opens up the 2019 version. If the 2020 version is already
open it will run within that prog fine its not the end of the world but it
irritating when it launches the earlier version

Grev

Premiere Photography

01633 413539

This email has been scanned by BullGuard antivirus protection.
For more info visit www.bullguard.com
p&url=/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grev,

You didn't state your OS but IF you are on a Mac, one of the quirks of Mac is to default to the last version of an application that's been installed. 

So IF you happened to have installed 2019 after you installed 2020, the OS will default open to 2019. If this makes sense in any way, and you want to try an experiement, uninstalll 2020 and then reinstall it.

As you say, this is not a ground breaking problem but I completely understand how it can be a major PIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies I missed that I am on Windows 10 thanks for your assistance its more annoying than anything I just wish Adobe would get things right before releasing products there always seems to be some sort of problem. 2019 was already installed on my PC 2020 was installed as the latest upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Grev,

You may be absolutely correct that this is something that coulda/shoulda been caught during beta but it might not have been something that was Adobe's fault. I know many many PC and Mac users who HAVE had this issue and many many that have not. In the former case it generally fell to an issue with the operating system but not always. Adobe, like all software vendors does not fix every bug some because they are too expensive to fix (e.g., a nusance bug that requries hours and hours of engineers time), or are found too close to release time. I have had your issue myself but it self-corrected which makes me think that the problem was more with my OS than from Adobe. 

I know that this does not solve your problem, I just wanted you to be aware that the intermingling of issues between software and OS or software and software and OS are simply a PIA. Hopefully someone at Adobe can figure out an easy way to resolve this issue regardless of where the blame lies.

Best to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goto Preferences - File Type Associations and check if the new PS2020 is listed there, if not you want to try "reset to default associations" or change them manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I have done that all of the file types I use have been defaulted to 2020 version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines