• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge v 12.0.1.246 shows jpeg thumbnails distorted

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thumbnails of newly created jpegs are over saturated and distorted e.g. a 1x1 cropped jpeg is shown in portrait format with side edges cropped off.  I have set preferences for software rendering and have then cleared the cache for the folder containg the distorted image.  When the thumbnail is regenerated it apears creectly for 1 second before being distorted again.  All images created before this update are OK. 

I am using Bridge stand alone and ACR and photoshop are not licenced.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a copy of ACR with PS otherwise all bets are off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

When you say your copy of PS is not licenced, are you currently running during the free 7-day trial period or are you using a pirate copy.

As jmb007 stated, all bets are off (and there's not much anyone here can do to help you) if you're using a pirate copy. If you're in your trial period, we can do what we can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My subscription to the photography pack has lapsed and I just use Bridge as a DAM product.  Until the latest update it worked perfectly reproducing colours and correct crops.  As far as I know Adobe have not announced that Bridge cannot be used standalone but these issues created in the latest update imply Adobe dont want it used standalone.  Is this a back door way to prevent it being used in this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Bridge can be used as a "stand-alone," but that's only for the most basic functionality. For Bridge to "see" any of the ACR features you've done when adjusting an image, you need a working copy of ACR. Once your PS plan lapsed, that caused ACR to stop working for you. 

Also, FWIW, Bridge is not and never was a DAM. It's an image browser. That's it.

There are a number of real DAM programs out there. I would suggest some of them to you, but I am not aware of many because I use Lightroom Classic as my DAM and never have had a need to look beyond that. I use Bridge when I'm working with a few images that I have no plans on keeping as part of any "collection."

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why you have bought ACR into the equation.  I use Bridge standalone and Affiniti Photo to edit and save Affiniti format (which obviously Bridge cant recognise) or jpeg's that are viewable in Bridge.  It is the uncertain results when viewing a jpeg that seems to me a bug in Bridge 12.0.1.  All the the s tuffa bout ACR is irrelevant as the file created is a straightforward jpeg with embedded ICC profile of sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi johnm18680395,

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version
  • System configuration

Please share the sample file/files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com 

Regards,

BridgeTeam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines