• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge v11.1.1.185 search does not find files in current directory

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  (v10.0.19043 Build 19043)

Path:  Q:\1_Source_RAW\Canon_5D_MkIII\Raw\2021\

Quick Search and Advanced Search for "Filename > Contains > (some_string_value)" does not find any files in "current" directory, only in sub-directories. There are currently 12 matching files in ...\2021\ that Bridge does not list.

• Search fails in current directory even if I use the full file name and set criteria to "equals".
  • If I start the search one directory level higher, in "Raw", then Bridge lists the matching files in ...\Raw\2021\ along with matching files in any other sub-directory of ...\Raw\, but no matching files are listed from ...\Raw\.
  • All Bridge caches have been manually purged and rebuilt by Bridge, without any change in search results returned.
TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please try resetting the preferences of Bridge and see if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sahil.

It would have been nice to know what the root cause of the problem was since the only preference I've change is cache location. All updates have been applied as Creative Cloud presents them.

Per the note you supplied, I

1. Manually cleared the caches and restarted Bridge. The search problem was still present.
  2. Dissabled startup scripts and restarted Bridge. The search problem was still present.
  3. Capture screenshots of all Preferences screens for later comparison.
  4. Reset Preferences to "defaults" and restarted Bridge. Current folder search works as expected!  Odd, because the only preference I'd changed was the cache drive\folder location.The Reset automatically restarts startup scripts.
  5. Verified that "reset" Preferences matched my screenshots, with the exception of the cache location
  6. Update Preferences with my custom cache location and restarted Bridge. Current folder search continues to work as expected.

Thanks. I'll add this note to my collection.

--Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines