• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge version 23 asking to install latest version of Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 23 of Bridge when i select Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor  or Batch I receive the error message Install Latest version of Photoshop.

This only occurs on Mac Mini M1

What is the resolution to this problem?

TOPICS
Batch , Camera RAW , Image processor , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

I just had this problem too. Except I was selecting a bunch of images to create a photomerge. In my windows system, it displayed that I had a Bridge 2021 version and 2022. I uninstalled the 2021 version in my system's settings. Adobe CC popped up and asked if I wanted to delete the app from my system. I said yes and it only deleted the 2021 version and kept the 2022 version, without needing to redownload it. After this I was able to select my photos and move them onto photoshop. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

I didn't have ver 23 of photoshop available but have found the following combination allows me to batch process through photoshop

Bridge ver 13.0.3 

Photoshop ver 24.0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Bridge is on version 12, PS is on version 23

There's a couple of things to try, first I'd rebuild Bridge's Prefs:

First, quit Bridge (if open). Then, when launching Bridge, press Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, chose "Reset Preferences."

If that doesn't work, I'd uninstall both Bridge and PS, then reinstall first Bridge and then PS in that order.

Let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message.
I tried both of your suggestions but neither worked.
I want to run Bridge 2022 rather than 2023 becase it's dead slow and doesn't have the "ew Window" option I need.
I have the latest version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have the latest version of Photoshop."

That's your problem: To be in "harmony," Bridge and PS need to be of the same vintage. Thus, if you want to use Bridge 2022, you need to install PS 2022. Also, it's important to install PS AFTER you install Bridge so PS can see that it's there and install the PS Scripts seen in the Tools menu. 

Just out of curiosity, are you on a PC? I ask because, on my Mac, 2023 is the fastest yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Adobe needs to get their S*&% together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bridge 2023 WILL NOT RUN on my brand new Windows 11 machine!!!!  It just crashes as soon as you launch it, or as soon as you try to click on anything in the UI.   And after about 10 hours of screwing around trying everything possible, and uninstalling this and re-installing that, THE ONLY SOLUTION ADOBE HAD THAT WORKED WAS IS TO UNINSTALL BRIDGE 2023 AND INSTALL BRIDGE 2022 INSTEAD!!!  Now I am in the same boat as everyone else on this thread.  I need to run Photoshop Image Processor via Bridge, but now I know why that's not working, Bridge is 2022 and Photosho is 2023.    I am soo flipp'n mad right now, I want to strangle somone at Adobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I suppose the solution is to revert my entire suite back to 2022!!!!!!!!!!    This is not one bit funny!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the latest version it does not work. Something in the code line is broken and ADOBE needs to fix it. I will not be allowing my students to use it until such a time and will show them how crappy adobe is compared to apple and why they should be buying apple software for video and photo editing. Super sad to see how Adobe is handling this. Defend them all you want but they have an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions that are now working hand in hand on my computer are.

PhotoShop 23.0

Bridge 13.0.3

After 5 hours of fighting all the versions and testing it this is the combo that worked for me. You can not have more than one version of PhotoShop on your machine at a time. Make sure you only have one version. Once you get the combo that works for you write it down incase you accidently update and you can then go back to what you were using. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have ver 23 of photoshop available but have found the following combination allows me to batch process through photoshop

Bridge ver 13.0.3 

Photoshop ver 24.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Bridge 2023 will work with Photoshop 2023, and Bridge 2024 will work with Photoshop 2024.

Could you please suggest if you have uninstalled / reinstalled the PS beta build.. please uninstall and reinstalled the Photoshop build to get this working.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@pankajg6675616 this association of Bridge version and Photoshop / ACR version is extremely customer unfriendly. You stick to this hostile strategy, even in a situation where many paying customers struggle with the most recent Bridge versions.

• Linking Photoshop version an Bridge versions is not necessary for technical reasons - it is just your business convention. Just to display file thumbnails and write metadata Bridge does not have to know any of Photoshops latest AI features - in fact it totally doesn't. The latest ACR version installed could determine which RAW files can get shown and processed (that's not a Bridge thing).
  • Adobe is super unhelpful with this product version mismatch. Customers see expected actions fail and receive neither meaningful error messages, nor actionable guidance. Required actions, just to call the batch command from Bridge again, when not shown ('PS pick up an external selection and do something with it') are ridiculous - seemingly even the sequence of app-installations plays a role here. Non-technical users who don't know where Bridge stores User-Data are likely to lose keyword databases or other preferences in this technically needless process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem too. Except I was selecting a bunch of images to create a photomerge. In my windows system, it displayed that I had a Bridge 2021 version and 2022. I uninstalled the 2021 version in my system's settings. Adobe CC popped up and asked if I wanted to delete the app from my system. I said yes and it only deleted the 2021 version and kept the 2022 version, without needing to redownload it. After this I was able to select my photos and move them onto photoshop. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you this solved the problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I installed Bridge 2023, don't like if for a couple of reasons, so uninstalled, but I now can't use any automated PS scripts from the old 2022 Bridge like 'load files into Phootoshop layers. I get the same error script. I've reset Bridge completely, made no issues, really don't want to have to uninstall/reinstall the whole lot, it's a pain. Is there a workaround. I'm guessing it's a registry issue to dow with path names etc. I'll reinstall the older version of PS to see if it makes any difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back to the 2022 versions and all is fine again. I'll be waiting a while before I go anywhere near the 2023 versions of either Bridge or PS, lets see if they iron out the issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. i have uninstalled the old PS but Bridge thinks I haven't, updated prefences, very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just formatted my win 10 pc.

installed:
bridge 12.0.0.234
ps 22.2.0

just cause I love those version.

Now I can't "image processes" a bunch of .cr2 to make .jpg

we are bounded by adobe's will to do things as they want.
I'm so tired of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2023 Oct 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now a version 24 of Bridge that works OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines