Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Bridge version 23 asking to install latest version of Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 23 of Bridge when i select Tools > Photoshop > Image Processor  or Batch I receive the error message Install Latest version of Photoshop.

This only occurs on Mac Mini M1

What is the resolution to this problem?

TOPICS
Batch , Camera RAW , Image processor , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

I just had this problem too. Except I was selecting a bunch of images to create a photomerge. In my windows system, it displayed that I had a Bridge 2021 version and 2022. I uninstalled the 2021 version in my system's settings. Adobe CC popped up and asked if I wanted to delete the app from my system. I said yes and it only deleted the 2021 version and kept the 2022 version, without needing to redownload it. After this I was able to select my photos and move them onto photoshop. Hope this helps

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Bridge is on version 12, PS is on version 23

There's a couple of things to try, first I'd rebuild Bridge's Prefs:

First, quit Bridge (if open). Then, when launching Bridge, press Command-Option (Mac)/Control-Alt (Win) + Shift to choose “Reset Preferences”, Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, chose "Reset Preferences."

If that doesn't work, I'd uninstall both Bridge and PS, then reinstall first Bridge and then PS in that order.

Let us know what happens.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem too. Except I was selecting a bunch of images to create a photomerge. In my windows system, it displayed that I had a Bridge 2021 version and 2022. I uninstalled the 2021 version in my system's settings. Adobe CC popped up and asked if I wanted to delete the app from my system. I said yes and it only deleted the 2021 version and kept the 2022 version, without needing to redownload it. After this I was able to select my photos and move them onto photoshop. Hope this helps

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you this solved the problem 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I installed Bridge 2023, don't like if for a couple of reasons, so uninstalled, but I now can't use any automated PS scripts from the old 2022 Bridge like 'load files into Phootoshop layers. I get the same error script. I've reset Bridge completely, made no issues, really don't want to have to uninstall/reinstall the whole lot, it's a pain. Is there a workaround. I'm guessing it's a registry issue to dow with path names etc. I'll reinstall the older version of PS to see if it makes any difference. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back to the 2022 versions and all is fine again. I'll be waiting a while before I go anywhere near the 2023 versions of either Bridge or PS, lets see if they iron out the issues. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same problem. i have uninstalled the old PS but Bridge thinks I haven't, updated prefences, very annoying. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines