• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge won't open fully

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crazy.  I open Bridge, it loads onto the dock.  I select my drive, there seems to have been some sort of connection but than it fails to respond.  I can not open any files in drive.  I check force quit list and see that Bridge is not responding.  So I force quit.  Try again same thing.  I see I have updates in creative cloud, maybe I need to update first.  I try to update--get alert that I am 3 mos past due.  FALSE.  I can see each monthly payment.  Than it looks like it allowed me to update.  Not even sure.  Still won't respond.  Do a force close.  Won't close.  Won't open.   WORSE, has my computer locked up and prevents me from shutting down.  As an attempt to break this hold I tried to uninstall bridge.  It does not look like I was successful.  Again not sure.  Only know it is still refusing to let go of my computer.  And Bridge is still in the dock.  I tried to contact support.  No easy way for that.  No phone number that I can find.  Is chat really available?

Last chat I did took 2 hours most waiting for the chat.  Similar problem with payment.  Don't know if that is the hang up with Bridge.

Thanks Spencertoo12

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two different issues.

Check your permissions with Bridge.

Get the ACC cleaner tool and remove Bridge.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

You have something all buggered up.

Chat and your account I cannot help you with.

Have you gone online to your account and checked it status? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. Uninstalling Bridge 2020 did not loosen its grip on my computer, it is still in my dock refusing to force quit. I downloaded the Adobe cleaner tool and Bridge 2020 does not show up as an option to be cleaned now that it's been uninstalled. 

Interesting note: Bridge 2020 is no longer showing on the list of apps I can install from Creative Cloud, nor is it showing under installed apps. There's no sign it exists in the Adobe universe at all. Which is going to be hella awkward if my new D780 continues not to be supported by previous versions of Bridge.

Judging from jbm007's reply below, my next option is to uninstall and reinstall Creative Cloud and every Adobe app on my computer? Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines