• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge won't recognize my desktop

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the update to Bridge.  Now it does not show my desktop files.  Why?  How do I fix this?

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you navigate to your desktop, nothing shows?
Or are you talking about Edit->Preferences->General and the setting to show Desktop in Favorites?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Bridge, it recognizes everything else on my computer except the desktop.  It is blank. 

I have gone through all of the preference settings.  In 20 years this has never happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of sounds like a permissions issue. Have you tried to run Bridge as Administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when I uninstalled and reinstalled Bridge the settings stayed the same.  I need to allow Bridge the files to my desk top.  How do I get to a fresh edition inwhich I give it the power to see my desktop files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating anew desktop folder and see if Bridge sees it after a reboot and restarting Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Mac OS 10.15.1 Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina has significant changes that are causing a lot of issues for Adobe users. This is a permissions issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/permissions-to-accees-os-path-on-macos-10-15.html

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/macos-catalina-problems/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you and I am sure it is a permissions issue.  But I don't know how to get the Bridge dialogue box to open up again.  Once it is installed, uninstalled and reinstalled again, there is simply no mac dialogue box to check "ok".   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines