• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Workflow Problem Writing Files to an External Drive, Version 13.0

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest Bridge 13.0.0.562, and my Workflow is not working when writing and renaming files to an external USB-C SSD.

I reverted BRIDGE to the previous version, 12.0.3, and everything works fine. Thus it is a 13.0.562 problem,.

I reported the problem to tech support, and I am hoping we can get a solution soon. The WORKFLOW facility is, for me, the most essential feature in my culling photos.

Thanks, 

Alfredo

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @aperezy 

It sounds like you need to update your Security and Privacy settings for the new Bridge. For example here are my settings for Bridge 2021, 2022, & 2023. If I didn't have these setting for 2023, I could do it in the previous two years but not this years version. 

2022-11-09_13-14-51.png

Here's how to update things for 2023:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it; it will now appear in that window, and make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1668028448881.png

gary_sc_1-1668028448881.png

Close everything up and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

Thanks, but unfortunately, that does not fix the issue. I tried this before with no success. Remember, I am running Ventura on a Macbook M1. Here are my Security and Privacy settings. The setting interface changed in Ventura, but the same settings remain.

Thanks, and let me know if you have other comments or ideas, much appreciated

aperezy_0-1668050526989.png

aperezy_1-1668050559859.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

By the way, I tried resetting preference, purging photos from the cache, creating two separate workflow processes, and adjusting security as you indicated, and nothing seems to work.

Thanks for your help

Alfredo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @aperezy First off, thanks for the screenshots of Ventura's System's Prefs. I tend not to be a leader in updating system OSs; I see enough of a mess with any application's first releases. When you're doing two "new" things,  it becomes harder to point fingers.

One other thing, no two other things to try:

1) Start up in "Safe Mode." I'll let you Google how to do that, but it gets you started without any other process working in your system. Your OS may run a tad slower during this but it will help rule out something else in your system. In addition, when you do this, your system does a deep cleaning of itself and may fix unintended issues.

2) I do not know if you have a "test" startup, but they can be handy. Go into Users in System Preferences and create a new User. I call mine "Testme." I have the same admin password for both to make it easier on my brain. Start up under this testing user and see if things work or not. It tends to be binary: it works or it doesn't but that can at least help you point out if it's something in your system or in the software. You've done everything I can think of otherwise. 

Let's see what this shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gary,

The problem is with Bridge version 13.1. I tried everything and did not work, I rolled back to the previous Bridge version (12), and works perfectly. So I think is a BUG that was introduced with the 13 version roll-out. 

I Hope ADOBE address this issue asap, this is affecting my workflow

Regards

Alfredo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed bridge version 13.0.1, following the suggestions from Adobe (just released), and now I am getting an error message that the files cannot be copied. Now I realize that this happens only for my photos in Sony raw format (ARW); if I change to file format to another non-SONY, it works. This is still a problem for me because I used Sony raw format in my workflow. Please see the screen attached to this post.

Thanks, and I hope Adobe can get to a solution soon

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 12.19.28 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-28 at 12.19.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @aperezy 

I think this is an issue with the update and Apple. Please check that the Permissions that you gave in the Privacy & Security are still there. It's not uncommon when updating software to have to re "OK" the settings. 

Let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

Thanks, but if this is related to permissions, it would not have worked for other files; as I mentioned, this is related is not copying only my Sony RAW files, for other formats worked. And I did check the permissions, and all are fine.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I caan get tit to work is with jpeg files, neither Fuji raw or Canon raw works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aperezy,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. We’ve added this to our engineering issue pipeline.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the newly released Bridge 13.0.2, and I was hoping the problem was addressed, BUT NOPE the problem persists. This is frustrating; from my point of view, this is a CRITICAL issue because it impedes some users, like me, from using the workflow. I am still using the old 12.0.4, but Adobe is not responding to my inquiries; I sent all the evidence for them to reproduce and solve the issue. I just tested PhotoMechanics, and If this does not work in one month I will consider making the switch. I hope I can get an answer soon.

Regards,

Alfredo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alfredo,

I shoot Canon and cannot replicate your issue. Would you be willing to DropBox (or whatever mechanism you deem appropriate) and Direct Message me a link to several or your Sony raw files?

I can't promise anything, but I will try. Also, be aware that I might not be able to look at these until Wednesday, as today and tomorrow are very full. (Maybe tomorrow afternoon).

I have a Mac Studio and am now running Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines