• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Write Permission Error

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just processed an image and when I went to open it in Photoshop CC, the adjustments did not transfer with it. I went back to Bridge and re-processed the image and clicked on "Done" and it did not save the adjustments but instead gave me an error message, "Unable to save to the raw converter settings.  There was a write permission error.  OK so here is the kicker.  I live in Missouri and was walking a friend through processing this image.  We both had it open on our monitors and were using Facetime so he could follow along with me.  His system is MAC and mine is PC.  He lives in Washington and he had the exact same problem.  This is a CC software glitch for sure.  Anyone know what the problem is.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Hello, Did you check if the image is write protected? which file format is it? Which version of Bridge/Camera Raw? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of file is this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete your camera raw preferences and see if that fixes your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Did you check if the image is write protected? which file format is it? Which version of Bridge/Camera Raw? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PECourtejoie.  You nailed it.  Prior to reading your reply, I noticed a lock on the file in the upper right-hand corner.  I right-clicked on the image and was given the option to un-lock it and that did the trick.  The image was sent to me by a friend through drop-box.  It appears the image was locked because it came from another computer.  I am not sure if dropbox did that or my security system.  Thanks, everyone for responding to this.  Also with the new upgrade to Bridge CC 2020 have you all noticed it is really slow? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines