• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bug-ridden awful program

Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that while they keep updating this to make things take more steps and time, they don't bother getting rid of the bugs.  So I have a folder of videos (.mov from Nikon camera) that were mostly thumbnails but some icons.  I updated the copyright metadata so they all changed to icons and I can't choose to work on in Premiere Pro.  I go to CS6, where I can always count on thumbnails and start selecting and then I notice that 72 of 91 clips in the folder have the wrong date of 11/24/2019 that has no realtionship or time to when they were taken, in 2020.  This is a new favorite assigned date for Bridge because before it was always giving some date years before.  I have talked previously to Adobe techs about this problem and they say maybe the camera has the wrong date, and I answer no, why would the NEF files just before and after have the right date.  I go back to CC, where the wrong dates are the same, and there are 2 thumbs and 89 icons.  So CC never got rid of that false date problem, and added the iconless one.  And there is more.  It shows for the lens used, and 80-400mm lens, that I sold over a decade ago.  Different cameras, different memory cards, reformatted for updates.  Where does it get and save this false information?  Where is the justification of forcing paying for a subscription to something that is never improved and gets worse?

TOPICS
Bug , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look in Nikon's free View NX-i program and they all have complete information (bridge has only the lens and false) in camera data, the right lens, camera, date and much more.  This is so basic, why can't a program that I've spent over $1000 on through all the updates and subscription remedy this?  Now there is no camera data at all.  Compare free program vs $120/year for what?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robirdman1_0-1613404755325.png

view nx-i page.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you share the following details about the issue:

• Bridge version
  • System configuration
  • Is the issue specific to particular files/format?

Please share the sample file/files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com 

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The wrong date and camera has been through multiple versions of Bridge CC and CS6.

Currently I was using Bridge 10.1.1.166.  I had an earlier version I liked more, before it was impossible to crop and edit on the same selected group in camera raw, more than doubling the work time.  These problems were the same there.  I was using CS6 to make videos in the last few days because the ANIMALS video folder were all icons for days.  I just cleared the cache and have thumbnails again.  The .mov files have no camera data and most have the incorrect date of 11/24/2019 underneath the thumbnails.

It has occurred with .mov , and .avi files from different Nikon cameras. Currently I am seeing.mp4 from Android cell phone indicating shot with the 80-400mm lens, even more impossible

I have often manually changed the incorrect Nikon dates to the correct date, though the time is then 0.0.

I changed to correct dates on .avi files and they became icons and no longer playable at all, ruined.

The problem has existed on multiple computers, on my Win7 PC, my laptop Win10 I am currently using and on my former laptop before its demise, which was also Win7.  How do I show system configuration?  If it had something to do with that, it seems that Nikon View NX-i wouldn't show everything correctly.

Adroid phone MP4 file attached showing, 80-400mm lens, the only camera data, as date added manually later. 

Chipmunk  video with Nikon Z7 300mm or 600mm lens (I'd have to go to another folder with non-movie files to see which on the same subject) shows no camera data, date of 11/24/2019 under thumbnail.  Actually taken 9/10/2020. These are the 2 smallest files in this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just discovered that the 2nd movie is a Clark's Nutcracker, not a chipmunk.  The thumbnail doesn't show the subject and I was shooting both.  During the original sort, the wrong assumption was made since it may not have even had a thumbnail or capable of being played at that time, in CC.  I see that it is flying and I just worked on creating a video of this species the last 2 days, finished and uploaded and now I find that the only flying one was excluded because I likely couldn't see or play at the time, which was most of the time in CC. But I went to the image folder which is now on another drive and here is correct metadata on 3025363, 4 shots before.

robirdman1_0-1613645149490.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines