Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bummer: Bridge and camra raw auto crops raw files

Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me,  I remain at a loss for a way I can 'make' Bridge and Camera Raw regain the full Raw image file data that the original image captured. What appears PS 2020, Camera Raw12 and Bridge 2020 Apps are a flattened (absent lens distortion) and cropped file (as if it were a jpg image).

I know that the full range of 'uncropped' image data has been retained in the original file, because; image viewers such as Windows Photo (OS10) presents the image in full. By Full I mean, with the the lens distortion, and vignetting of the 24mm lens. I want this distrortion, I want the full image, yet PS Bridge and Camera Raw 'corrects it for me' which is something - I do not want.

Very Furstrating: I compose in viewfinder, do not crop post procuction, and trust that want I saw when I clicked the shutter will be what I'll see, and have to work with when I use Adobe PS, Camera Raw and Bridge products.

I have tired to: 'undo not crop' in Camera raw - but its grayed out.

I can't locate the lens profile in Camera Raw for a LX5 Lica  DCVAARIO-SUMMICRON 1:2.0-3.3/5.1-19.2 ASPH

Also can't locate program preference folders that might hold previously worked itterations of Raw files from PS 5 & Bridge with Camera Raw 6 (2010) version)

Any assistance will help retain what white hair I have left on my head.

Thanks Bill

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off lens correction in camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I did that, made no difference.

Oddly.

If I open the image in MS Photos, before opening it in Bridge or CRaw see the original full image appears. However if it is opened in Bridge or CR and then opened in MS Photos the image will appear croped.

Is there a way I  can upload a jpg example to this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I thought I turned off lens cvorrection in camera raw, turned off all that appered to be related but did not find the exact words 'turn off lens correction' in CRaw preferences or within the available dashboard drop down from the icons menu within the CRaw interface when the image is presented in CRaw. (dashboard dropdown icon menu are all assumed words for the structure that these things are presented).

So where and how do I find 'turn off camera raw lense correction withing CRaw? Where wouldi t be withing the dashboard menu, preferences icon selections?

This has been frustrating for three years,and upbating toi the newist Adobe PS seems to be more of the same - Any clarity would be truely appreciated.

Thanks BG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recieved an email from Adobe asing if the reply I recieved answer my queston.

It sure was a swift and short one, and in equal measure it fell short and quick from an adaquite solution.

Adobe's Camera Raw nolonger not recognize my cameras lens, therefore lens correction is grayed out and not an option. Option I have come to is: as Adobe discontinues supporting  the 'legicy' products it sold to is coustomers, and inturn leaves us in a learch by no longer supporting RW2 files from cameras it no longer includes in  its Raw Camera processing App -  Respond "in kind" - stop using Adobe products, stop feeding money into a company that will leave you hanging in 3 to 5 years.

Be well,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ?BG,

I have not responded to help you because I'm a Mac user and I generally leave those with PCs to be helped by those who use PCs. However it seems that you've been abandoned. Let me see if I can help.

Yes you can place screenshots (as png, jpg, or gif format) by clicking on the 4th icon from the left above where you type. A window will pop up which will allow you to either drop the image in the popup window or click on the "Choose File" button which lets you navigate through Explorer (or Finder) to the screenshot's location. Be a bit patient as it may take a few moments to upload. [Note: you have the option to set the image's size either at time of placement or afterwords by clicking on the image in the text region.]

I must correct one acertion you made: At no time are ANY lens corrections removed from ACR, they are only added upon. If you did have correction for your lens and now it's gone, something else is going on. Those corrections HAVE NOT been deleted.

Meanwhile, you can search for supported lenses here: 

List of supported lenses

Lastly, you can also place raw images in these messages so if you wish to send me one or two, that might be helpful. If you wish, it might be better if you sent me PM if you do not wish to release your image(s) to the world. To do that, click on my name above and that will take you to my personal page and you can send me a message there. Same process for sending images as mentioned above.

I'm very sorry for you to have been abandoned, let's see if I can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary_sc,

Thanks for renewing faith that within the void  - there is sentient life, and companionate ears. Thanks you’ve been kind and considerate, 'walking across the PC/Mac isle, extending a bipartisan ear to this dilemma that is not experienced by me alone. I'll remember this when others grouse about being cast into the Adobe Customer Care wilderness.

But at this point - I've entered another orbit.

I'm familiar with the link you sent; I've checked the version of PS LR etc that Adobe Camera Raw requires (6.2 minimum) and have tired it, and every version forward up to the present one 12.2 (I believe), and with each the same auto cropping and flattening of lens distortion occurs. In a distant memory, I recall seeing the LX5 and lens listed within the ACR App but it is no longer there in any even the V6.2 that after hours of searching found buried in a deep 'legacy’ unsupported Adobe archive. The PS RW interface's adverse nature to backward up/down grade (removing a newer version with an older) adds additional troubles; meaning I’ve needed to completely reinstall the CS5 suite and rebuild the preferences, collections in Bridge etc. I’ve on more than one occasion I even completely reinstalled the OS of my computer, just to try to get this to work!

*Enough already*.

Life’s too short and with 20+ years and tens of thousands of images in archive, I can't mess around with Adobe any longer.

Be well, locally and globally - these are extraordinary troubling and trying times (Jan- April+ 2020).

There are many other discussions and post about this Adobe issue in forums outside of this one but a a reference within the Adobe universe – these were useful  - but not applicable to the PS needs I expressed: Images cropped unexpectedly in Lightroom Images unexpectedly cropped

Problem with Raw files being cropped: Problem with Raw files being cropped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ?BG,

I do not have much time now (suddenly the day is busier than it was before) but quickly going over your message a couple of more questions:

1) Do you convert to DNG or keep the original Leica raw format (sorry, don't know the name).

2) If you do not convert to DNG, try this and let me know if there's a difference between the former and the latter.

3) If you observe a cropping, do you see any icons in Bridge (an icon in the upper right above the thumbnail) that ACR has done something to the image? If yes, have you cleared the change (right-click, scroll to Develop Settings -> Clear settings).

Let me know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVERYONE_ plase noite - My beef isn't with an individual, it stems from a basic disagreement with what appears to be aan Adobe Buisness and programing model. All or most all (when attenttive) in the Adoby Comunity that voenteer their compassions are a great and gracious resource.

now back to the end responce:

Thankdyou, Greg-sc,

Yes to all the questions.

I should add its not just one image it's all RW2 files.

And I have also tried  the original RW2 file unaltered non altered digital negative or otherwise fussed with PS Bridge image on a separate computer with the same PS program loaded onto that computer, to assure non contamination of the image file - and it still shows up edge cropped.

At this point I'm looking at this whole affair  - as I told my little sister back in HS days. That guy (PSAdobe) a bum, he's using up your time, causing you nothing but frustration - he's not working out - dump him and don't look back.

It’s a quandary and a quarry, that I'm not digging any more,

Take er easy, don't lose any sleep over my question - it will no doubt show up again, and/or remain unanswered in previous posts from someone else .

Thanks for trying, but for me - its time to let go.

be well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ?BG

i did not know already solve it yet!

but
Here is my example
(and i'm not good at useing English)

i think i have same situation, CROPPED Raw pictures in [ Bridge ]

my gear are
GH5 Ver.2.4
Lens (G VARIO 1:3.5-5.6/12-60 ASPH.φ58 POWER O.I.S.)

in my case
Before 
i shooted Pic Aspect was 3:2
then Bridge automaticly CROPPED

After
chenge Aspect is 4:3
then there is no CROPPED icon

i hope it help you
(・∀・)

note
3:2 is film standard
4:3 is digital Cam sencer standard (maybe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KKT2,

By jove I think you've got it. 

I always have my crop setting at custom and as such I never even think to look or check for this. I do hope that ?BG checks this out as it might be his answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks your message gray_sc
😊

i hope ?BG already solved this Problem
😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines