Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C drive filling with Bridge backups??

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Bridge CC2019

Running Windows 10 with partitioned hard drives, 112GB of SSD and 1.8 Tb of rotary.

The SSD is C drive for programs, the 1.8Tb is D for data. The SSD is showing only 28Gb free, and in no way am I using 84 Gb for programs. I had this problem before and the problem was that Bridge was backing up on C a copy of every image I opened.

I managed to navigate to the back up files, but I can't find them again.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never heard of Bridge making a copy but perhaps Bridge's cache is located at the C drive. If so move it to your other drive.

Bridge > Preferences > Cache Management > Location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found I had about 8Gb of data in C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Adobe\CameraRaw cache 1 and 2.They were DAT files and I could find no way of getting to examine them--all the suggestions for opening them that I could find online didn't work. Trying to open in Notepad gave me pages of gobbledegook, but with "Adobe Camera Raw" and "Adobe Lightroom" in plain text at the top. So I reckoned that they were not required, as image files are accessed directly from D drive, and I deleted them. No harmful effects detected so far. If you leave them in the Recycle bin until you're sure there has been no harm done, it's safe.

I have this vague recollection from an earlier experience that Adobe stores images so that they can be accessed from anywhere in an enterprise network--I thought it was Bridge, maybe not. If this is the case, it is strange that Adobe chose it as the default setting rather than an option.

My C drive now down to about 60Gb, much healthier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek,

I would also check

c:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Maybe there other files too you can delete, like previous Photoshop versions settings etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ronald,

Yes, thanks, some superseded Photoshops, and probably other stuff I won't need again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines