• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache purge in Bridge CS4 made Find inoperable

Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Bridge CS4 glitched/froze last week while I was entitling an image, I came to the Forum and learned that I should purge central cache. After doing a Force Quit and after rebooting my iMac (OS 10.11.6), I did purges of individual folders first, then the central purge. But now I cannot Find anything using the Find box at the top right of CS4 or from the Edit>Find drop-down menu or by using Spotlight (which shows images, but not the dates or where the images are). I can always go to my hard drive and search for an image there and then, using the date, go back to Bridge and scroll to the date to see the image, but that gets old fast. What can I do to regain the Find feature? (Find works fine everywhere else.)

Individual folders in CS4 also now take longer to populate the images and seem to be going through a different process than previously.

Can anyone give me a solution to these issues?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mimzoe,

Sorry that Bridge CS4 is unexpectedly taking longer than usual to populate images after you've purged cache for certain folders.

Could you please try restoring preferences for Bridge CS4 as it  returns settings to their defaults and can often correct unusual application behavior.

Press and hold the Ctrl key (Windows) or the Option key (Mac OS) while starting Adobe Bridge.

Check the option "Reset Preferences" in the below dialog when shown.

ResetPreferences
Restore Settings dialog

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Akash. I not only purged cache for certain folders but also then did a central cache purge, to no avail  I'm reluctant to reset preferences because I don't want to lose labels and ratings or anything else for my many thousands of photos. I'm willing to let the folders populate slowly and not risk losing my file names or keywords or metadata.

The more significant issue is that Find is non-functional. Do you have any suggestion about how to restore that, please?

Mim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the box to search un-indexed files in the Find command (indexed = cached)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Stephen, but it always comes up with No items to Display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, the program asked me to do another central cache purge, and I did, and guess what: Find is working again...at least for now. I'm a happy camper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that didn't last long. It's back to not being able to Find anything. Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines