• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Disc Error

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spend up to a half hour on the image I am working in Bridge / Camera Raw and when I go to "Save as Copy" a box comes up saying that there is a "Disc Error" and all the work is complete LOST! Very disappointing!

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS and what release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina 10.15.7... which I have not been happy with and Photoshop / Bridge 2021 (11.0.0.83).  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following and let me know if it solves your problems

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

gary_sc_0-1605027968347.png

gary_sc_1-1605027968348.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank uyou, Gary... I will try it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disc_error.jpg

Gary.... no luck. I removed the 2020 PS and Bridge apps. Older apps now working. BTW: Not sure why the new apps need to access to all the files and folders. Never had to before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark,

I do not understand, why did you remove the 2020 PS & Bridge?

FWIW, it's not that 2020 apps need to access files and folder, it's Apple's Catalina that makes these demands, it's part of their security over viruses and other software attacks. 

Your older apps are probably working because any Preference OKs are application specific: You'd need to OK 2019 and 2020 and 2021, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary... firstly... THANK YOU for your assistance.

Correction, I removed the Adobe 2021 Apps. Still working with the 2020. The disc error occured when using RAW 2021when I tried to save all the updates and open (or Save as Copy) the file as a PS file. So the problem is Bridge, I assume. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im also going to do a clean install back to High Sierra... not happy at all with Catalina especially since Cover Flow is gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines