• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Not Enabled in Bridge

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I do I cannout open camera raw in bridge, it always goes straight to photoshop. I perfer editing photos in camera raw, like I have done in the past. I looked around and all the forums say to fix this have a legal copy of Photoshop open and it should let you open camera raw in bridge. I have done that and the camera raw icon is still grayed out, and it will give me the option to open camera raw anywhere, just photoshop. The creative cloud says I have raw downloaded and up to date. 

TOPICS
Camera RAW , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

PNGs and PSDs cannot be edited in ACR — but you could open them in Ps and use the ACR filter within Ps.

RAW and JPGs can be edited in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

We must be having some conflict in words or something because you cannot open a raw image directly into PS. PS does not have the ability to understand the raw format. 

MAYBE it's opening in ACR and then immediately going onto PS but I do not see how that's possible either. 

Now, there's one other issue going on here and that's which application is opening the ACR plugin because you can have the ACR plugin open from either Bridge or PS. If you open Bridge's preferences, you'll see this:

2021-02-27_12-48-59.png

If this is checked, when you double-click a raw or DNG file (or R-click to open a TIF or JPG file), it will open ACR via Bridge. If unchecked it will open ACR as a PS plugin.

Is that what you're referring to?

Trying to help,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

Sorry, maybe I am not using the right terminology. I am trying to edit a PNG, not necessarily a raw image. I thought I read somewhere and was able to in the past to edit PNG and JPEGS in camera raw. 

In preferences I do have that box checked, but when I double click on the image, it opens it in Photoshop, not Camera Raw.

So I guess my first question is can Camera Raw edit PNG and JPEGS? And if it can, then why can I not get it working in bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd R should open a RAW or a JPG in ACR.

If it doesn't:

First make sure you have saved a copy of your Bridge Keywords elsewhere.

Trashing Bridge's Prefs and resetting them will probably fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been trying command R (MAC) and that has not been working either. I tried resetting bridge preferences and purging cache's but that hasn't seemed to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNGs and PSDs cannot be edited in ACR — but you could open them in Ps and use the ACR filter within Ps.

RAW and JPGs can be edited in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out the issue. JPEGS can be edited in camera raw, but not PNG's. That's what was confusing me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, raw images (those supported), DNGs (always), TIF images (with no layers), and JPG images call can be processed in ACR. Otherwise, cannot.

It's always the details, isn't it? ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines