• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw wont load within Bridge

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have (a free copy of) Adobe Bridge installed, and have just downloaded Camera Raw. Despite my Creative Cloud page saying the Camera Raw is 'up to date', when I try to open an image within my Bridge Content pane, I get a message saying " Camera Raw Editing Is Not Enabled. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been licensed".

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

George

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Hi George,

Yes, Bridge is free but you need a copy of Photoshop on your computer to look and work with raw images. If you are looking at JPG images there should be no problem.

IF you are taking raw format images, you really would be well served to get one of the Photohsop plans but you are under no obligation to do so. If you need it, here's a break down:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

Meanwhile, if you do not want a subscription plan, there are a number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Yes, Bridge is free but you need a copy of Photoshop on your computer to look and work with raw images. If you are looking at JPG images there should be no problem.

IF you are taking raw format images, you really would be well served to get one of the Photohsop plans but you are under no obligation to do so. If you need it, here's a break down:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

Meanwhile, if you do not want a subscription plan, there are a number of other companies that can help you with raw images: On1, Luminar, Capture One to name just a few. Do good photography with whatever you end up with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary.

I'm having this problem even though I have Photoshop CC 2020 installed.  When I launched bridge after installing Photoshop it detected it and asked if I wanted to install the plugins etc, which I did.  But I still get this licence error when trying to 'open with camera raw' or any such similar operation.  Double clicking a file does open it in Photoshop properly.  Thank you for any help.

Edit: Ignore me, I'd somehow logged into a dormant adobe account!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with some of our at home users using the temp license available b/c of the Coronavirus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was resolved in the latest update for Bridge, v 10.0.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the 2020 release of Bridge (10.1.0.163) and ACR 11.4 via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application. I have a license for Photoshop Elements (2019) installed and registered which Adobe says is compatible with ACR 11.4. From Bridge I cannot open a raw file in ACR. I get the "not enabled" message. I have to open  it with ACR from inside PS Elements which requires a file navigation process. Is there a way to let Bridge know I have Elements and ACR should work from Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Judy,

OK, here's the deal: There is a big difference between the ACR you see in Elements and the ACR that you see with Photoshop. You might see where I'm going with this.

To use ACR with Bridge you do need a copy of Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements. 

It's been a while since I looked in on Elements but I was quite surprised with how much is missing from ACR in Elements. You might want to download a copy of PS (you do get 7 days for free) and see the differences. I'm not saying you SHOULD get PS, that's for you to decide, but you might want to see the differences, that's all.

But again, Adobe Camera Raw needs Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements. Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines