• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I add GPS data to multiple photos?

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I want to add GPS data to a number of photos that I've selected, but when I right click and go to 'File Info' the entire GPS section is greyed out.

Is it possible to edit this info somehow please? Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Batch , How to , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to already geo tag your photos when you made your original shot.

That info panel is where your GPS data would be listed.

So no, you cannot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, unfortunately my camera doesn't have GPS built in so I have no way of tagging my photos that way 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what camera you have , but there are options out there for people that do not have Geo tagging builtin.

How to Geotag Your Photos | B&H Explora (bhphotovideo.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm going to try the smartphone app route after this as that looks great, but currently a bit stuck at the post-processing stage for ones I haven't been able to do this for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Lightroom Classic available, I find the quickest way to geotag my images is to use the map module where you just drag your images onto a map (assuming you know where they were taken.) You can also make use of a GPS tracklog if you have a GPS. Finally all you then need to do is "Save metadata to files" and you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This sounds like it would actually be perfect. I didn't want to buy Lightroom since Bridge does 99% of what I want, but this feature alone could be worth paying for as it'd save me so much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you subscribing to Adobe CC photography package? Then Lightroom is included!

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid not, I haven't bought any Adobe products for quite some time now, not since the days of Dreamweaver and Fireworks!

Doesn't look like you can buy Lightroom Classic any more... shame, as a subscription would be overkill for me and I wouldn't really use anything other than Lightroom once every few months 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I made an extension to Bridge 2021 for my own use that allows geotagging photos using a location selected from map. It is not packaged or signed at the moment, so it requires a little more setup than couple clicks, but if you want to try it out, I made it available here https://github.com/stuomas/bridge-map-view with instructions.

mapview.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines