• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I make Bridge open preview upon double-click?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like Bridge to simply preview all file formats when double-clicking on the file, like it does when pressing space-bar. Is this possible?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

You can set Beidge to open files in PS or Camera Raw by double clicking. You can't set it to open them in preview. If you want to see them all, then use filmstrip workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set Beidge to open files in PS or Camera Raw by double clicking. You can't set it to open them in preview. If you want to see them all, then use filmstrip workspace. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - thanks. I keep accidentally opening PS, when all I want is a closer look!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to set preferences so that double-clicking sends files to ACR. Whenever I double-click, images open in PhotoShop. Where do you change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If they are raw images, then they will always open into ACR. If they are JPG/HEIC images or TIFF images, you set that setting inside ACR Preferences. (Should be adjacent to Bridge's Preferences/Settings)

2023-10-06_14-01-23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joachim,
Actually, what Chuck said is not right. You can perfectly set Preview (Mac) or any other app you want to be the default program that Bridge opens when double-clicking an image.
All you have to do is go to Bridge Preferences > File Type Associations >  and change the associated program for the file type you use. For example, you might want to set PNGs, PICTs and JPGs files to be opened with Preview and TIFF to be opened with Gimp, and so on. (Note that the Apple Preview app you will find it as "Finder Settings: Preview".
If you ever mess anything up and want to reset all associations to their default app, you have the option to do it just down there by clicking a bottom.

Having said that, if all you need to do is have a bigger preview, using the filmstrip section in Bridge would be a better option.
Hope it helps. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, I find the default views in Bridge to be very counterproductive. I have the Preview Panel in the middle, all by itself. I have the Content Panel on the right, also all by itself and typically show 3 thumbnails wide. I have all other Panels I might want to look at on the left side in two rows. That would include Favorites, Metadata, Folders, Keywords, and Filters. Any others I might need/want on an add needed basis. This give me a nice large Preview, not what Bridge provides with is a Preview only slightly larger than a thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the metadata and organization is more important than the file content. I rarely newed to see a large preview but I do need flexible, easy-to-read file info available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, I was talking to Yoachim and Yakimbozec.

I KNOW you want to only look at the metadata and organization! ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines