• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open .NEF files from Bridge 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently "up"graded Photoshop, Bridge, and ACR.  Now, when I try to open a raw file, in my case a .NEF file, I get this:

"The Camera Raw settings could not be applied because there were no Camera Raw files selected or selected files were read-only."

However, if I select the same file from my iMac's (2017, latest iOS, 10.15.7) Finder app, it opens into ACR as it should.  Clumsy and pretty inconvenient, but it works, and it seems to me that it shows the files themselves are ok.

Now, I have two external drives, one for 2004 to 2018, and another for 2019 and up. Both are formatted the same: Mac OS Extended (Journaled).  The problem only happens on the disk with the more recent files.  Indeed, copying a file that opens on the "older" disk to the "newer" one leaves the file un-openable from Bridge, but it still opens from Finder.

Some history: I had similar problems with Bridge 2020, and the Adobe technical geniuses, after several hours on three separate telephone calls, came up with this solution: use Bridge 2019, where, indeed, everything worked. However, when I try that trick now, it says the new ACR is incompatible with Bridge 2019.

I'll be calling Adobe again when I can find some uninterruptible hours after some more pressing personal issues get resolved on Tuesday. In the meantime, any ideas about a workaround for this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checck your permission settings for Bridge 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jbm007, thanks for your response.  Please advise:  How/Where do I check my permission settings for Bridge 2021?

Again, thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines