Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

can't write to jpgs raw ok

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when i write to any data field with jpegs in Bridge there is a data writing error but raw files are writing ok.

TOPICS
Bug , Keywords , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Metadata? Please verify.

Also, what is your OS (and what release)?

What Bridge are you using (and what release)?

Where is the exact location of the files you cannot write to? (Desktop, External Drive, etc.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes it's not writing to metadata for jpgs, they are camera files and it writes to raw but not jpg.

I'm using Catalina 10.15.5 and Bridge is 8.10.383 CC. Using on the desktop ma book pro 2017

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian,

Sorry for my delay getting back to you, I was on a bike ride.

Not sure how long you've had Catalina but Apple has elected to make it more secure by giving us more issues to deal with. What Catalina did was to require the user to authorized what applications can have access to various areas on the computer (or off the computer).

Try this:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. See if Bridge is already in the list on the right. If not select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

gary_sc_0-1607806820655.png

gary_sc_1-1607806820658.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

sorry for the delay, I didn't have my computer over the weekend. 

I did what you said and it didn't work, but I did notice that I only had 2018 version of bridge and installed 2020 and now its all fine, so in a round about way you helped a lot! thanks for your time and advice.

Christian

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, sometimes it's the obvious (but if it was, there wouldn't have been a problem!).

Thanks for letting me know things got resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines