• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Access Photos Since Update

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update a few days back, I can no longer access all my photos as in the past. I will say right away I am not the most tech savvy person around so could be something I don't get, but this has not happened before. My computer does have my photos. Bridge shows only a handful. They are not lost. No. But the vast - and I do mean vast - majority are no longer accessible thus the program is basically useless to me. 

Any suggestions as to how to fix this? 

I have two drives: C and M. M is where my photos are. And it's only very partially accessed now. New photos I have taken since the updates I cannot find in Bridge. This is a limited description of the problem but hopefully enough info to see what's happening. 

Thanks for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I know it's Halloween and all that and weird things happen. But get this: I have noticed a folder show up then disappear. I really am not joking. Just now, after working thru some pics from this morning, I noticed that my 2022 folder was visible. For about one second. Then gone. I really am not making this up! Seriously. I'd get a screenshot if it stayed visible long enough ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please verify your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure exactly what you want but using desktop, a Dell, Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were on a Mac I could suggest a possible cure, but since you are windows, I cannot. Hopefully, a windows person will pass by who might be able to help.

BTW, it's always a good idea to identify what your OS is when asking questions in these forums. In this forum, we already know what release you're working with.

Sorry, I couldn't do more, but at least we helped focus your needed help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am doubtful I've ever used this forum. I will remember to give more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I found a few minutes to fiddle with this. It seems the setup is now different and I did find my photos. In the past, with Essentials chosen, all the photos from whatever folder I had chosen would show there. Then to view larger, I would choose filmstrip to view larger, whether one at a time or several. It did work that way initially after the update. Then - the gremlins took over and it was no longer like that. Apparently I did something - I have no idea what - and the view changed. It was as I described - only a few showing - then I chose filmstrip which gave me the folders I was missing in a strip at the bottom - this was never the case before. There may have been an explanation upon loading in the update and I either missed it or dismissed it. I will blame this rotten cold I have. Or the gremlins. Nonetheless, I believe I need to fiddle some more and see what this is actually supposed to look like and take it from there. 

Unless someone has some wise words for me, I think I shall leave this and continue working out how they've changed things so I can get on with doing what I do.

Thanks so much, Gary, and anyone else who may have a thought or two for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines