• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot delete files in bridge on mac with monterey

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried to use Bridge for sorting my picture files from the shoot and got the problem deleting files. every time get the message "the error occurred during the delete operation. Some files may not have been processed." it doesn't matter if i use delet or move to trash options, one file or multiple files. checked all the permitions, everything 777, in privacy options on mac bridge has full access to everything. and it doesn't matter if i try to do it on external hard drive or on mac os drive. would appreciate any suggestions.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linbs,

First, a big Thank You for letting us know what you have done. That helps. 

Two things to try: First, please Purge the Cache for that folder

2022-01-06_09-37-38.png

If that doesn't work, than please try rebuilding the preferences for Bridge

To reset Preferences:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application, for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt -Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Let us know if either works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gary, thank you very much for your suggestion. With the cash purge, I did it, although I have the same problem with all the folders generally. Tried to reset preferences twice but unfortunatelly with no result 😞 By the way, forgot to mention that deletion in Finder works just fine. 

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to do it in Lightroom - the same result. I just got an imac and transferred the whole system from my old macbook pro, but adobe apps i installed new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linbs,

Umm, when you say "same result," which same result? The same as the Finder or the same as Bridge?

BTW, if you go into into the Manage Cache… from the above menu, you can purge ALL of your caches

2022-01-06_12-52-51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry, the same as Bridge... and no first time i purged cash only for one folder, now i did it for the whole drive, but unfortunatelly it didn't help either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines