• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot drag and drop items

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Bridge CC, I am unable to drag and drop items from the Content panel into folders in order to reorganize my photos. It works fine for a while, then stops. If I shut down the program and restart, it will (sometimes, not always) work for a while, then stop again, so the only way to move files is:

> File > Move > Choose folder > navigate to folder > confirm

... versus the single fluid motion of drag and drop.

Can someone please help? I would be very appreciative! Thank you!

Pam

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I spent about 45 minutes trying to understand how to drag and drop media into a collection in Bridge. You need to click on the thumnail area itself when you drag, not the media container area. So try clicking on the center of your media you are trying to move, rather than the edges of it's container. That is how I have to actually click and drag media to a collection or another draggable area. This is horrible poor programming on Adobe's part. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Feldbot, you are right! I lost about an hour trying to figure it out until I found your post. That is so annoying. If at least they mentioned it in the manual... Thanks for posting your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just update to CC 2021 and Bridge won't let me drag and drop from Bridge to Finder, only inside Bridge and other Adobe programs. I've tried what people said in this forum, without success.  It's quite annoying. Any idea? Thanks

My specs:

Macbook Pro 2017, 2,9 Ghz, 16Gb RAM

MacOS - Big Sur - 11.4 

Creative Cloud updated 5.4.5.550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xaime,

Just to clarify, are you saying you cannot drag from a Bridge window to the Finder, but where in the Finder, what location? Any Mac folder is part of the Finder. However, some Finder folders have different importances to the Mac. For example, the Pictures folder is open for any thing to be placed there but the Desktop folder does require special permissions (ever since Mojave) to place items there.

Please scroll up in this thread until you see two screenshots of the Security & Privacy section of System Preferences. Please verify that you've done all that. The information in there is pretty much the same now as it was back in Mojave.

Please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your quick response.

I read the post and added Bridge to Security & Privacy settings, no luck, the problem is still there, I can drag & drop from Finder to Bridge but not the other way around.

When I say drag & drop to Finder I meant directly to a Finder window (or to the desktop), I can drag it to a Desktop favorite I have inside Bridge, but not directly to a finder window or desktop.

I hope I've explained myself clearly, English is not my first language.

It may be Apple's problem, I don't know. As I said in the former post I can drag & drop files into Illustrator, PS, ID... but not into my Desktop for instance.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Xaime Aneiros 

We tried to reproduce this issue at our end but we are not able to reproduce this issue on our end. Could you please provide us below information so that we can debug this issue

1. Bridge version

2. OS name and version

3. OS language and bridge language

4. Finder's folder location? It is a custom folder or predefined apple folder like desktop, downloads and pictures etc.

5. What kind of files you are trying to drag and drop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
Same issue here. I was dragging and dropping a selection of files and folders into a new finder folder on an external harddrive and in the middle of this process it just stopped working.  (So it worked for the first half, and then, unfortunately without me noticing at first it didn't anymore)
Restarted Bridge and the harddrive, purged the cache, still the same problem. Cannot drag and drop files anywhere in finder, whether desktop, airdrop or extenal harddrive. Usually a green + is shown when you can drop something, now the thumbnail is sort of greyed out.

Very labourous and annoying to get around this..... 

I'm on a macOS High Sierra with Bridge CC 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Can not drag & drop files from Adobe Bridge to Adobe Photoshop. More than this, I can not right click on an image in Adobe Bridge -> Open with Adobe Photoshop or can not double click on an image and open it in Adobe Photoshop. 

My specs:

Ryzen 5900x on Gigabyte B550 Pro V2 mother board, with 64Gb RAM

Windows 10 PRO

Creative Cloud updated 5.5.0.617 with all apps up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We tried to reproduce this issue at our end but we are not able to reproduce this issue on our end. From all the posts it seems, it is occurring on both win and mac. Now to narrow down we will need the below info-

1. Bridge version

2. OS language and bridge language

3. Finder's folder location? It is a custom folder or predefined apple folder like desktop, downloads, and pictures, etc.

4. What kind of files you are trying to drag and drop?

5. It is only occurring on external drives or internal drives too.

If there are some specific images/assets, you can share them with us at sharewithbr@adobe.com

so that we can test this at our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me and none of the solutions worked until...I was on the 'Output' tab trying to drag files up into the Output Preview window.  It wasn't working until I unticked the 'Tiles' box at the bottom of the screen.  For some reason it works now...hope that helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if there was a fix for this.  Exact same issue for me and it is really frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bridge pretty much daily and have never seen this issue on either platform. There must be something else going on, drag and drop is pretty much universal. Does it work in other software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community

I am having the same issue in Photoshop, Premiere, and Audition. I cannont drag an audio clip anywhere on the timeline.

In photoshop, I cannont switch layer order or drag a file form on image to another canvas. In Audition I could not drag the audio file into the waveform. There is no other way to open up a file but to drag and drop and since that is not working, I had to just close the program. Please help

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, just throwing in this thread to keep some light on it. It just happened to me. Drag-and-drop from Bridge to Finder folder was working fine for weeks until today, when it stopped working. Issues were popping up yesterday with Bridge occassionally thinking it didn't have permissions to drop into a folder (it does) showing a "not allowed" icon when hovering over a folder holding several thumbnails. If I tried a few times, eventually it worked (yesterday). Today I can't drag and drop at all.

However, using the contextual menu and selecting "Move to" function is working just fine. I've had no software updates in the last week. I've also executed all the suggestions in this thread and have not recovered the drag-and-drop functionality.

System/software details:

Apple MacBook Air M1

Mac OS 12.5.1

Adobe Bridge 12.0.3.270

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm…so I just updated to Mac OS 12.6 and the problem has resolved itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines