Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Nikon 7500 Raw Files in Bridge

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please.

I recently retired and two things changed: I have a new camera (Nikon 7500) and a new (non-work) Adobe Photographers account. I believe everything is up-to-date including ACR but in Bridge I only have previews for jpg files. The filter shows there are Raw files downloaded but I can't open them?

What am I doing wrong? 

DDart_0-1650199500265.png

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) installed? That's needed for both Photoshop and Bridge to work with raw images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My account says Camera Raw is up to date. Is there something else I need to do so it is recognized in Bridge?

DDart_0-1650234389450.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of raw images are you shooting? Is your camera supported? Check this list please: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

If your camera is supported, please try rebuilding your cache and if that didn't work, please try rebuilding Bridge's Preferences.

Refresh your cache. 
Go into your Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Manage Cache ... and you'll get a window popping up:

gary_sc_0-1650234838460.png

Select the button (in the red rectangle), click "Next" and follow along.

To reset Preferences:
Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application, for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt -Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Let us know what happens, good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gary_sc - Thank You for your patience. I followed your things to check; the camera is supported, reset cache and preferences with no change.

I am embarrased to admit it finally occured to me to check the camera and be sure it was set to take both jpg and raw (I assumed like my old camera) and it was not. Looking back, what made me certain I was taking both types previously was the filter showing "Camera Raw". Now I see "Camera Raw image" and it makes sense. Sorry to bother everyone but again, thanks for your patience and help.

DDart_0-1650322358930.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DDart,

Do not be embarrassed; overlooking things like this happens to everyone, including me (yes, I know that's hard to believe, but it's true).

But now I have to ask a question: why both? If you have an image that needs adjustment, do you plan on doing that twice: one on the raw and one on the JPG? That's a lot of extra work, especially since you cannot adjust a JPG as well as you can a raw image. 

I know that some professional photographers shoot both because they can come back from a shoot and just move the JPGs onto a website so the wedding party can start selecting images (but only work on the raw images). If you're an amateur (like me), there's no need for dual images. If you want some JPGs to send to friends or to place on social media, you can export them in seconds from your raw images using either Export or Workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines