• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot "fix" missign files by using a keyword search

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had to move files to another drive and now the majority of the files in my collections are missing. I had the forethought to also assign them keywords. I can find them using the Find function but when I drag them from the Content panel to the Collection - they are still missing. Please advise! 

Thank you

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS (and what release)?

What version of Bridge are you using (and what release)?

How were you transfering the file (please be specific)?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Big Sur. 11.4

Latest version of Bridge

As stated in my orig. post, I dragged from the Content Panel in Bridge to the Collection that is Missing the files.

Please advise and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick question before you start the possible help, is this a NAS drive or is it on a network? If so, Bridge was not designed for such connections. 

Otherwise, go to your System Preferences and select Security & Privacy. Click on the Privacy Tab, then scroll down till you see Full Disk Access.

Then unlock the lock in the bottom left with your system authorization PW. Finally click on the “+” to bring up an Open window and select LRC and any other applications that needs or may need open access to various areas of your computer. 

But wait, there’s more…

gary_sc_0-1629218189557.png

Now click on the next folder down, Files and Folders. You’ll see many applications grayed out because these are applications that already got permission from the first part.

gary_sc_1-1629218189557.png

But as you scroll down you may see other applications that have sub-categories to OK. If that lock is still open, you can do this at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. it worked BUT it didn't fix the missing files -it just added files that were already there. So if i want to be sure everything is in the Collection, i'll still have to go through manually.  Ugh. Any suggestions to save me from such tedium?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Lumigraphics wrote, the official answer is to use the "fix" option, as illustrated here:

fix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the "fix" button in the GUI is easier... However for sake of completeness, the unofficial, manual way to do this is to edit the collection XML file and change the URI path, which can be done in any text editor using a multiple find/replace.

Original (broken) collection:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<arbitrary_collection version='1'>
	<file uri='bridge:fs:file:///Users/username/Desktop/example.png'>
</arbitrary_collection>

Edited (manually fixed) collection:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<arbitrary_collection version='1'>
	<file uri='bridge:fs:file:///Volumes/My-New-External-Drive/example.png'>
</arbitrary_collection>

(quit and restart Bridge if open)

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Bridge 2021/Collections

example-collection.filelist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would first reset Bridge preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. what else would I be resetting (what settings would i lose) if i reset Bridge preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget that, I think I posted in the wrong topic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't drag files from a different drive to reconnect them. You'll need to either use the built-in reconnect find or delete the old ones abnd add the new. Bridge has no way to know that your new files over here are the same as your old files which used to be over there since it just uses pathnames for matching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines