Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Rename Folders or Files in Bridge 2022

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just installed the new Bridge 2022 on my new iMac computer.  For some reason, I am now not able to rename any of my folders or files.  I used to be able to just click once on the text and it would highlight, and then I could erase and rename.  I've gone through the privacy settings in System Preferences and allowed Bridge to be accessed in "Accessibility".  But that didn't do anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Lisa

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select a file and press F2 or right-click and select Rename. Does that work? Where are these files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too- its really frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please share some information about your Setup (you also, @stinnerpeach ) : Mac? PC? which operating system? is it also on Bridge 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PECourtejoie,

Thanks for responding, I'm using a brand new iMac, with OS Big Sur, and Bridge 2022.  I cannot rename files and folders in Bridge that are on my external hard drive (it's a G-Technology 4TB Drive), but I can rename files and folders in Bridge with files on my desktop.  I've updated all of the necessary access privileges for my hard drive (or so I've thought!).  I can't even move files around throughout my external hard drive while I'm in Bridge.  In Finder, I can move files around and rename them, but only if I grant access with my computer password, every single time I do something!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, its a permissions error. You'll need to check those. An external drive usually doesn't have permissions set but it can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines