• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2019 search engine delivers no results for keyword search

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having massive trouble with the search engine of Adobe Bridge CC 2019 which delivers no results in case

of searching for keywords. This is an essential function for my daily work. I have thousands of tagged files.
CC 2018 still works and is showing the correct results. Any idea?

Settings are the same in both applications.
BridgeCC2018.pngBridgeCC2019.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Can you please let me know the Bridge search option you are using in both CC 2018 and CC 2019.("Bridge Search:Current Folder", or windows search :Current Folder\Computer")

Also please let me know if  you are facing issues in  finding keywords only or other metadata as well.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both cases it's been "Bridge Search". Can't tell you about any other issues as I'm not working with other metadata or not been searching for it, as I'm mostly working with Ai files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with Bridge CC 2019 not returning the same results as I get in 2018 with the same search phrase. Even when I select the option to include all sub-folders, 2019 returned zero results, whereas 2018 return 3 results from a sub-folder.

At best, Bridge CC 2019 search function is considerably different than Bridge 2018 -- and I haven't figured out why or what the default action is intended to be. If the 2019 version is supposed to have same search capability at 2018, then something is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit, that there were also massive troubles with all the predecessor versions

of bridge. From time to time showing varying outcome as result of the search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todays achievements:

Bridge:

vs.

Explorer:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on New Search and use the option to search for non-indexed files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least for me it does not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To solve this problem, please go to parent folder in Bridge and select "show item from sub folders"

Allow Bridge to generate cache for all files and now search the assets.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seem like there's something going wrong while generating cache ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Bridge 19 on a mac. No results even with clicking the "Include non-indexed files" button. Am I missing a step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Abhishek Seth.

I have to say that the default search area is next to useless if we cannot configure it to search where we want. It always defaults to search filename or keywords, which can be useless in some workflows (I need description, for instance).

I always have to CTRL+F, or run a search, get zero results, then run another new search from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, it's 2020 and i'm having the same issues, just perhaps even worst. using the search bar trying to find files saved on my company's drive isnt possible anymore. Why would you direct me to web searches directly from bridge?  how do i disable this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this problem. I am using a Windows 10 PC and do not see an option to select non-indexed files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both screenshots above show a New Search button. Click that and then the checkbox for non-indexed files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change in preferences location to a new folder (best to create a new folder within whatever there is at the moment)

Screenshot 2019-06-27 at 12.20.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I get nothing in my search

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines