• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Bridge is a defective bug-ridden program

Engaged ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution to my post about the find function only able to find rejects and not any number of stars.  On the phone, the Indian tech found that his version had the same problem.  This is the latest version.

Bridge was reset, losing all my preferences, but after resetting them, each time I open Bridge, they are reset againg.  This time, when I go to the tools menu, photoshop is gone again, along with the batch that I want to use again.  In this case, since I want to work on tiffs, I was able to go back to the last fairly reliable version, Cs6, and create a new batch and run it to compress the tiffs.  the only reason I went to CC was because it would not recognize my raw files from later cameras.  Otherwise it was better in every way, than the bloated CC Photoshop and Bridge that took 4 hours to open 41 raw files and make tifs that I then couldn't use the batch on.

Also CS6 readily showed thumbs and played my videos from my camera, until recently where now that can't play or show the 4K videos that CC doesn't either. 

It seems that all these upgrades just remove things so they can put back in the next update as there is no real improvement, but people have to have an excuse for being employed.

TOPICS
Batch , Bug , Metadata , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had another problem, where search wouldn't find anything, whatever the parameters, and the Adobe tech found it necessary to update Photoshop and reinstall Bridge.  It solved that problem.  So then I've been making tiffs of many species in folders spread throughout my directory tree.  In preparation for a submission where I was going to select and further process some, I went through a lot of folders and gave gave the desired ones 5 stars, so I later extract all at once.  But then of course I found that after 3 updates, the search will only find rejects, so would have to go back to each folder and find them all over again. Is rating just considered unimportant to the technicians who update so frequently without bothering with this?  Lucky I keep the better working CS6 on my computer.  I can't see any newer raw files, but these were tiffs and in a few minutes, the specific search picked out the ones for me to copy to a submissions folder where I batch processed them. So ridiculous to have to pay monthly extortion for something that is inferior to CS6 in many ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have something funny going on with your setup, you have posted numerous times with issues that nobody else is seeing. I'd recommend taking your computer to a good tech to find out what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you notice in my post that I said that the Adobe tech experienced the same thing on his computer? And a parameter that works in CS6 but not in CC is because of my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running bridge on multiple computers, both Windows and Mac, and not seeing any of this. FWIW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @robirdman1 

Thank you for the feedback. We're sorry to hear about the issue.

Could you please share the following regarding the issue:

1. Bridge Version

2. System Configuration 

3. Photoshop version installed.

Could you please share the sample files on which the issue is observed to sharewithbr@adobe.com

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines