Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change label in metadata panel

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there

How can I change the tags that are in the right panel of the metadata?  

I need "ID de Asignación" to appear instead of "TransmissionReference" (or Referencia de Transmisión)
 xml1.jpg

In the file info window I was able to do it, but not the metadata panel.
xml2.jpg

Gracias

Antonio

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

I used the Custom Metadata Panel to make a version of AgendaLiveUp.

The labels are correct and it is possible to edit the xmp:Label property. You could make xmpLabel a dropdown of controlled values to match your local use.

gregreser_0-1631562040895.png

I think this would be much better than the XML custom extenstion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot change the Metadata panel. What version of Bridge is this and where is that xml file located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lumigraphics

The versios of Bridge is 2021, and the XML is in:

/Users/dalai/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Metadata Extensions/AgendaLiveUp/view/AgendaLiveUp.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that an AEM extension? If so, I'd ask in the AEM community

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have much experience in this, I don't know if it is an AEM extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That extension isn't part of the regular Bridge installation so it must be coming from somewhere else. Is your shop using Experience Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right, that extension is not part of a regular Bridge installation, a friend helped me to create the file, but did not know why the labels in the Metadata panel cannot be changed, and that is why I asked the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you asked your friend for help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but he did not know why the labels in the Metadata panel cannot be changed, and that is why I asked the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately we have no way to test or troubleshoot a custom extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like an XML extension based on the XMP Metadata UI SDK CC 2014 

I have found that these extensions have several bugs and can be tricky. I can look at your extension, if you would be able to share the entire folder /AgendaLiveUp

You might consider an alternative for making custom metadata panels. It is more reliable and has many more features. https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.103752.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Custom Metadata Panel to make a version of AgendaLiveUp.

The labels are correct and it is possible to edit the xmp:Label property. You could make xmpLabel a dropdown of controlled values to match your local use.

gregreser_0-1631562040895.png

I think this would be much better than the XML custom extenstion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gregreser

I tried to share the AgendaLiveup folder, compressed in ZIP, TAR, etc, but it does not accept it in this chat, I share the 3 files that I have in the folders.I share an image of the contents of the folder. I put this folder in the following path "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/XMP/Metadata Extensions"

I renamed the file "sample_en_US.dict" with the extension "txt" because it did not accept the extension "dict".

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default855pel8zu0bm Thanks. I was able to re-create the extension folder and load the panel. I also see the same problem you do with the property label. I'll see if I can find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default855pel8zu0bm I'm sorry to tell you this, but you should not use the XML Metadata Panel extension!

First, I cannot find a way to change the property label in the Metadata Panel. I tried to create a localization file for the labels, and this also failed. Since the label is correct in the File Info Panel, I can only conclude that this is a bug with the Metadata Panel. Your XML code is correct, the problem is with Bridge.

Second, I remembered a big problem with the XML extensions metadata panels - they do not create correct XMP array structures for default namespaces. For example, dc:subject should be a bag list of values, like this:

<dc:subject>
	<rdf:Bag>
	   <rdf:li>KEYWORD 1</rdf:li>
	   <rdf:li>KEYWORD 2</rdf:li>
	</rdf:Bag>
 </dc:subject>

However, the XML Metadata Panel saves it like this:

<dc:subject>KEYWORD 1; KEYWORD 2</dc:subject>

This is invalid XMP and will not be readable by other panels or applications.

This only seems to happen in an XML metadata panel, the File Info Panel works correctly.

I have reported this to Adobe in the past, but apparantly it has not been fixed. This is especially egregious becasue Adobe created the XMP standard and the xmp namespace. They should be the last ones to write invalid XMP!

You should look at the other Custom Metadata Panel I mentioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I appreciate your support and your time.

I have used the "Custom Metadata Panel" you mentioned and it has been a very good alternative.

Very grateful for your support

Saludos!

Antonio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines