Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clicked "stop" when moving files and now they are gone

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!

I was culling my photos from my CF Card, chose the ones I wanted and "moved" them to my external.  It would not progress so I clicked "stop".  The files are now missing.  I even clicked "edit -> undo move" and nothing happened.  The folder is empty and they are gone from Bridge. Thank you!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chelseak,

If I understand you correctly, you put your camera card in your computer. Opened the card in Bridge, and then tried to move selected images into an external drive. Is that correct?

A couple of questions: what is your OS?

Have you looked at the card in the Finder/Explorer to see if the images are on the card?

Let's stop there, for now, to make sure I can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put it in my card reader (not sure if that makes a difference!), then yes, tried to move them to my external drive. 

OS- MacOS Big Sur 11.6.2

Yes, I looked all over my external folders and my CF card folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information.

Have you given permission for Bridge to access external drives (aka all drives)? 

As long as you've not used that card for any subsequent shooting, you should be able to recover all images with the use of a card reader recovery application. I cannot recommend one (I've not needed one and therefore have had no personal experience), but a search on the web will show several. 

Just a word of caution: I'd strongly recommend AGAINST, working on images that are still on a card reader. While you may get away with it a number of times, I see issues such as yours more often than I'd like. The safest way to work with images on a card is to get them onto your computer, AND THEN cull, fix, adjust, whatever you need or want to do. My basic process is to shoot, get the images on my computer, back up the images, then erase the card in the camera (not by the computer — that's important).

Just in case you need it, here's how:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security and Privacy (found in the top section). Now click on the Privacy setting (last tab). Now click on the lock on the bottom left and provide your Administrator code. Now select the Full Disk Access option and click on the "+" symbol. This will bring up the standard Mac Open window and let you add any application you want or need to have full access. Look for Bridge, select it, it will now appear in that window and make sure it's checked. Next, go to the Files and Folders option and do the same thing as above (although there's nothing to check, just add. Close everything down and see if that makes it all work.

Please let me know

[Note: these images are from an older OS, the process is the same.]

gary_sc_0-1660319275839.png

gary_sc_1-1660319275840.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines