• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

collections are in right folder but do not show up in Bridge 2022

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac 2020, new a few months ago.  I've copied my Bridge Collections folder from my iMac 2017 to my new one (User (your username)/ Library/ Application Support / Adobe/ Bridge <previous version>/ Collections).  I've added Read/Write permissions to all users of the Collections folder.  iOS 11.6.1 on both iMacs (prefer to not upgrade iOS until major bugs get corrected).  Bridge 2022 is listed & checked in Full Disk Access & listed in Files & Folders in the Security & Privacy window.  I've closed Bridge (3-4 times, after the steps listed earlier).  I've restarted my iMac.  But my list of collections is still not visible in Bridge.

I'd appreciate any other thoughts on how to resolve this issue.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to recreate your collections if you moved them from a different computer. I'd start by making a new collection and comparing that to the moved files to see if things match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made the new Collection.  It did not show up in the location described above.  But, after many attempts to find the folder location that would display in Brudge 2022 my old Collection folder, I stumbled into the fact there appears to be two distinct "Library" folders, at least on my Mac 2020.  One of them is hidden & shows up as greyed-out text when its revealed.  That's where my old Collection folder needed to be copied to (specifically in "Bridge 2022"), and where the test Collection I set up appears.  Once I did that, they now show up in Bridge 2022 when I open it & go to the Collections tab.  No wonder I have a love-hate relationship with computers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines