• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour settings in Bridge export differently from different machines

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I hope someone can help me with this.

There are 4 or 5 of us needing to make files in this way, all on different machines, often running different versions of the software. We have a standard colour setting for RGB and CMYK which we use in PS, and this setting should be available in bridge to choose so that we can synchronise the apps. On some of our machines it is available and on others not (even though they are they same version of the programs). More signficantly, even when using the same profile, we are getting different result when exporting to PDF. I don't know why.

The working profile we use is sRGB (because the files will eventually be used online), but the PNGs don't embed this profile (they seem to be able to embed Adobe 1998 only). So we save them without a profile embedded and then use the same profile in Bridge, which, if I understand it correctly, will display the images in the PDF with this profile applied. But for some reason, one of our machines is creating PDF files with much brighter images than the others (even though the same settings are used).

Any bright ideas?

Thanks

Karin

TOPICS
How to , Image processor , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNGs can be sRGB, where are you setting the profiles? This can be done in PS, not in Bridge. What Bridge can do is to make sure that all applications themselves are working in the same profile but doesn't automatically change the profile of any file — that YOU have to do. If your PNGs are all Adobe RGB 1998, than you need to change that to sRGB. (Do this in PS, Edit, "Convert to Profile…"

Let's get that cleared up before tackling the errant Bridge. 

Oh, is there a relationship between the brighter PDFs and any of the settings?

And again, just because a PDF may state it is sRGB does not mean that all of the images contained therein are sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary.

Thanks for your speedy response.

I am confused - how do you embed the sRGB profile when saving a PNG file? The option is greyed out when I use this profile, and only available for Adobe 1998. Please see screenshoits attached here.

Our working profile for .PSD files is sRGB, and it allows me to embed this. But when I resave the images as a PNG file, I am not able to embed the profile unless the profile is Addobe 1998.

I've also included screenshots from Bridge, showing that the colour profiles are synchronised, and that the bridge program is reading my Adobe 1998 PNG file as having that profile, and my other PNG (the one which wouldn't mbed the profile) as having the sRGB profile even though it does not. But sometimes this reads differently, as untagged.

I decided to try the export out of bridge with JPG files yesterday, as these will alllow the profiles to be embedded, but it didn't make a difference - the files are still brighter from one machine than they are from another (see red towel screenshots here) - all the settings are the same as on the machine that produces the less bright PDF file.

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit->Color Settings to start with, make sure things match on each computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes, we have done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a file with the wrong profile, fix that in Photoshop.

First, in Photoshop, go to Edit -> Convert to (do not use Assign):

2021-07-21_11-02-02.png

Then, go to the dropdown menu in there for the Destination and give it the Profile you want.

2021-07-21_11-02-53.png

Let me know if that works,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that. I can convert the file to the correct profile easily enough, but if I save as a PNG, the option to embed that profile is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your color settings in Photoshop identical between computers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same, yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines