• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combining Files

Engaged ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Photoshop and Bridge and manually combine JPG files with layered PSD files. 

To begin I create a Bride collection with stacks, open each stack in Photoshop and run an action to copy the JPG into the layered PSD. Then return to Bridge open another stack and continue with the process.

What are some other options to combine a JPG file to a layered PSD when dealing with large file quantities?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Placing JPG image to PSD smart object?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the Smart Object layer is necessary for this task. In Photoshop I use an action that copies and pastes the jpg layer into the PSD file. Saves and closes the PSD and goes back to Bridge.  Running the Photoshop action from Bridge would simplify this task.   Is bridgeTalk able to call Photoshop CC2021 to run this action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying and pasting is slow than loading into smart object. BridgeTalk can make it faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not fully sure what you're doing but you might bypass Bridge and do this directly within Photoshop from this option in the File menu:

2021-05-30_12-50-35.png

The problem with that is that you need to know what images you are bringing in. But that can be resolved using Bridge's Tools menu:

2021-05-30_12-55-42.png

Here, you only need to shift-click on a range of images or Command/Control-Click desired images for the process to proceed and you do not need to use Stacks for this as well.

Might either of these work for you?

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Bridge Load Files into Photoshop Layers function would work if it could save and close the layered file. Then process the following stack. Presently, it only loads the file into a layered file which needs to be saved and closed.

The Photoshop function Load files into Stacks call a UI dialog requiring user input and also requires saving and closing the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since no one but you know what you're doing with these layered PSDs or why, it's hard to go beyond what's been suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I am trying to make sure I am not bypassing other options.

The task that I am trying to simplify is adding a JPG file PSD file in bulk.

At the moment, I am only able to do this manually by opening both files in Photoshop and running a PS action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you might need scripting help. That leaves me out! However, there are several scripting folks who might be able to help you who prowl these boards, hopefully one of them might pass by.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines