• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Consistency in photo managing (Bridge/Lightroom Classic)

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I always use Adobe Bridge and Lightroom Classic to managing my photos.

So the first thing I do when I create a new Lr Catalog is to flick the option 'Automatically write changes in to XMP'. This allows me to share the look of my works between Lr and Bridge. The problem is that something is not equal between the two applications: Flags.

This is annoying because in Bridge I cannot see the rejected photos in Lr, and viceversa.

I'm missing something? It is possible to solve this issue soon? I think it would be very convenient for all.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are correct, the flags in Bridge are ignored in LRC and vise versa. This is well known for a long time and I doubt that Adobe will fix this any time in the future.

Why? The primary difference between Adobe Camera Raw in Bridge, and LRC is that the latter is a ACR with a database. There is NOTHING that you can do in ACR that you can't do in LRC. To go back and forth between the two applications is unnecessary and a waste of time. Plus, when you take a photo from LRC, make changes in ACR, and then later open the same file in LRC, you are hit with the question: There have been changes to this file outside of Lightroom, which version do you want? LRC or the other application. I'm going to guess that you select the latter here but there's no point.

I am sorry, it's always dangerous to point out that a workflow that someone is happy with is not a recommended workflow. If you think my words here are out of place, so be it. But in my first paragraph I let you know why it is and what to expect of your wish. But I also suggested ways to avoid the issue in the first place.

Another "more common than you'd think" workflow that occasionally creeps up in these forums are people who take the card from their camera and start to process the images ON THE CARD. No backups, no space on the card for processing, nothing. And then they get pissed off at folks trying to help them. 

Please try and just stay in LRC for your processing. Command/Control-e to work on an image in Photoshop, then save and close to get the updated file back into LRC as needed. Please, just try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines