• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant Bridge Issues and Crashing with Camera Raw (Updates Seem to be trigger)

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last month with a lot of Photoshop and Camera Raw updates coming out everytime a new one comes out it causes issues in my Bridge workflow.
It has happened 5 times in the last 2 months where I open Bridge to find I cannot now close the program without it crashing and needing a force quit.
I also can't access Camera Raw setting within Bridge without another freeze and crash.
Also same issue if wanting to opening a raw file with Camera Raw within bridge, it freezes then crashes.

This has been happening on and off for the last 2 months with all the new updates. It bugs out for a day or 2 at a time resulting in massive downtime processing images for wedding photography also lots of wasted time trying to disable GPU acceleration or reset setting trying to find a solution to the issue.

If anyone has experienced the same issues lately and has found a workaround please let me know.
Thanks again!

Error Report:

Date/Time: 2021-12-06 11:03:37.385 +1100
End time: 2021-12-06 11:03:50.315 +1100
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1 (Build 21A559)
Architecture: x86_64h
Report Version: 35
Incident Identifier: 1BD41CE5-20E3-4C61-936B-173A8A6E48B8

Data Source: Stackshots
Shared Cache: 3D05845F-3F65-358F-9EBF-2236E772AC01 slid base address 0x7ff80364f000, slide 0x364f000
Shared Cache: A04FC7DB-CA21-3870-A1CD-EC6E725BB3F9 slid base address 0x7ff832dd5000, slide 0x32dd5000

Command: Adobe Bridge 2022
Path: /Applications/Adobe Bridge 2022/Adobe Bridge 2022.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Bridge 2022
Identifier: com.adobe.bridge12
Version: 12.0.0.234 (12.0.0.234)
Team ID: JQ525L2MZD
Architecture: x86_64
Parent: launchd [1]
PID: 1024
Time Since Fork: 131s

Event: hang
Duration: 12.93s
Duration Sampled: 2.60s (process was unresponsive for 10 seconds before sampling)
Steps: 26 (100ms sampling interval)

Hardware model: iMac19,1
Active cpus: 6
HW page size: 4096
VM page size: 4096

TOPICS
Bug , Camera RAW , Crash or freeze , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble. Would you mind sharing the exact version of Bridge and Camera Raw you're using? Please take a look at the article and see if this helps with the Bridge freezing issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

For Camera Raw issues, please check this article, scroll down at the bottom and try the suggested steps and let us know if that helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html#ResetCameraRawpreferences

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply really appreciate it.
The version was listed in my original post (Version: 12.0.0.234)

I have gone over all the steps in that link:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/bridge/kb/troubleshoot-errors-freezes-bridge.html

It seems to be more of a capatibility issue with Graphics Driver everytime a slightly new version of photoshop, camera raw or bridge comes out. Previously I have found over the last 2 months it resolves itslef within about a week but the issue is happening in my business's peak work season and spending hours troubleshooting the issue each time is invaluable hours wasted.

Since this happened last time I have been able to turn off graphic acceleration to get around the issue. I have found just disable and restarting the program doesnt work a full system restart needs to happen and that seems to do the trick.

On looking again at the issue now I have renabled Graphic Acceleration and it is now working again. I think it really just comes down to a driver or system conclict when a new version comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines