Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CONTENT SCROLLING

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there a way to make content scrolling with mouse smooth just as when dragging the slider on OS X? This is highly annoying as one completely loses the orientation with this jumpy "row scrolling".

Thank you for your answers and best wishes.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your machine is goig to have a lot to due with that/

You are expwerience screen refresh issues.

What type of MAC do you have and how old is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

My computer is old, however, it does not feel as a jitter. Besides that - I don't observe this in Lightroom for instance. Somehow feels like an unfortunate interface design. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain. But has nothing to do with the interface design. It is the way it was designed from the get go 15 years ago.

Problem is people want more features, image files are getting bigger, video driver updates especially for laptops are good for one year and then the manufacturer moves on.

Bridge uses the OS to index, and cache to store thumbnails.

Lightroom imports images and stores thumbnail previews for files.

Maybe LR is your better alternative.

Just trying to offer solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - that might be the problem.

I am mostly using Lightroom and it would be a very lucky day if Adobe ever implemented Bridge OS indexing with Lightroom. Or Lightroom exporting options in Bridge.

There is some thinking to do on Adobes side around LR, LRC, Bridge and ACR. 

Best,

Rene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to look for/try: when scrolling in Bridge, the process seems to follow the indents in a mouse wheel pattern. Those are the tiny little bumps you feel when rotating a mouse. If you grab the scrolling handle on the side and maneuver with that, there is no jumpy-ness. 

I have no clue as to why this issue is so pronounced in Bridge and not in LR but it is.

I have just gotten in the habit of scrolling via the handle as opposed to using the mouse wheel. Is this a solution? Absolutely not, but it is a viable step around the problem.

YMMV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly.

1. I am on a Mac with a magic mouse that has a trackpad like surface.
  2. I tried using the scrollbars and it works relatively smooth.

Check out this video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/117QuPuf4Zay9hCigMzz4kKQDWjnoTlPO/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a wired mouse or mouse available for the MAC os that has a scroll wheel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure but why would I want one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I have given up on wireless mouses due to latency responsively and accuracy.

But to each his own

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya, I had a wireless mouse and there was a micro-second lag from the time I'd click and time time the reaction occured. Drove me crazy.

I have a Logitech mouse (MX518) but I'm not sure it currently made anymore. But lots of folks in that other forum have Logitech with no problems. 

I'm on Catalina so it should work in Big Sur. I just use the Mac mouse options in the System Prefs, no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Logitech G402 mice on all my machines and have been very happy with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No lag, latency or whatsoever that I would notice in any other app.

Guess this will remain a mystery. One I can live with luckiy.

Thank you both for your help and best wishes!

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines